jamierye
My 13 year old Pomeranian had extreme kidney failure, and he took a major turn last night, so we had to make the decision to euthanize him today. This has easily been the worst day of my life, and I don’t know how to go on without him. I’ve devoted the past 3 months solely to caring for him and spending time with him, and while I’m unbelievably grateful for all that time, it makes loosing him all the more difficult. My every day life has been turned upside down and being in this house without him is unbearable. I can’t grasp the fact that he just “isn’t” anymore. We’re getting him cremated, but I find myself so upset about where his body is right now and if he’s being treated respectfully. The fact that his body is somewhere and he’s not with me just breaks me to the core. Leaving him there, lifeless, was the most difficult thing ever. 
Jamie
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
Oh what a cutie your boy was.

:  ) 

Thank you for sharing that wonderful image of him.

They are very respectful IMO. I spoke in person with an employee of a crematorium recently and was shocked at how compassionate he was. And he didn't need to be. I think they realize (quite often) that they are handling the remains of loved ones and see their responsibility as one that deserves respect.

As you may know, we are all made up of carbon. All  lifeforms on Earth. Including me, you and our lost beloved's. Carbon is made up of the remains of 4.5 billion year old exploded stars. And now our boys have returned to stardust. What could be more fitting for a shooting star in our lives?

Hugs,
James
Quote 0 0
jamierye
Thank you so much, James. That gives me a lot of comfort in this time. I really appreciate you 
Jamie
Quote 0 0