Rusted
I lost my precious baby girl Penny yesterday to 2 different cancers. I’m having such a hard time accepting the fact that she’s gone and I don’t know why. I have lost 5 other babies over the years and the pain is horrible. I know I need to allow myself to grieve and I have her 3 sisters to love and care for. I hope she knows how much I love her and always will. Any advice would be appreciated
Quote 0 0
Bdoggie
 Rusted, so sorry for your loss.

What a beautiful girl. Your loss is very fresh and painful. Just remember, you let her go so she wouldn't suffer. What an unselfish act of love that was and Penny knows that. It was Penny's time and the good Lord called her home. She is now healthy, happy, not suffering and waiting to see you again. I'm sure she was proud to be your girl and greatfull for the wonderful life she was able to share with you. Penny will always love you and you her, whether here or in heaven.

You have 3 other furbabies to love. Love them everyday, like it was their last. It will get better in time.

My thoughts are with you.
Bill
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Linda,

I send you my sincerest condolences on the loss of your beloved dog "Penny." By your words it sounds like your girl was your "Spirit Animal." Which means you had a deep, almost spiritual connection with her.

They say that "the depth of our grief equals the depth of your love" that we have for our lost beloved's. So "Penny" was truly loved, adored and cherished by you.

All we can do is travel through time. Moment by moment, minute by minute, day by day, night by night, week by week, month by month and yes...at time even year by year, if it takes that long. It like chopping down a Tree of Grief. We must chop, chop, chop at it until it falls. And that unfortunately takes time. One day at a time...

Please know that you are not alone. "Penny" is with you in spirit, always and we here on the forum are with you in comradeship. 

My kindest regards,
James
Quote 0 0
Jasmines_Mom
I'm sorry for the loss of your Penny.  She was beautiful.  I lost my baby Jasmine.  She was my soulmate so I know exactly how you are feeling.  Grief unites us all.  It is something that none of us can escape.  I know that doesn't make it any easier but sometimes it helps to know that you aren't alone.  Please know you aren't alone in your pain.  I have found it very difficult to go on without my Jasmine.  Just take it one day at a time.  
I miss you every minute of every day, my sweet baby Jasmine.
Quote 0 0
Rusted
Thank you all so much for your kind words. I will take them to heart. I just feel like I failed her somehow. And my deepest sympathy to Jasmine s_Mom. It’s brutally hard
Quote 0 0
Houndsaremyfavorite
I am so sorry. I, too, lost my girl Penny to cancer on Friday. I am shattered and I don't know how I am going to cope. Much love to you.
Quote 0 0
creole54
Rusted wrote:
Thank you all so much for your kind words. I will take them to heart. I just feel like I failed her somehow. And my deepest sympathy to Jasmine s_Mom. It’s brutally hard

You probably didn't fail her in any way, shape, or form, but I know exactly how that feels.  I'm so sorry you're having those feelings of grief and guilt.  I am too and I just can't get past it.  Losing our precious babies is brutally painful and there's nothing that really helps except time and the knowledge that what you're feeling is entirely normal.

Teri Milbourn
Quote 0 0