Lovemyboys
I just had to put down my youngest fur baby on March 23rd and my heart is still breaking. His name was Keagan and he was a full blooded shih tzu. He was newly diagnosed with congestive heart failure on January 26th and had his second crisis on March 5th then again on March 23rd. I had already decided after the 2nd crisis that I couldn't put him or myself through it again. So when it happened again on March 23rd I had to do the inevitable. Worst day of my life . To hold my baby and watch him take his final breath. Can't get the image out of my head. I miss him terribly and nobody understands cause he was "just a dog". He would have been 13 on April 22nd. My oldest is 16 1/2 years old today and has gone down hill since losing Keagan. My heart hurts
Quote 0 0
phalaris14
So sorry for your loss. Please visit this site repeatedly. Here you will find people that share your same thoughts about our loved ones. I have found it very therapeutic to put my thoughts down on this forum. Here you will find many others that are currently experiencing exactly what you are going through right now. I have found it comforting to know that I am not alone during this journey. My prayers are with you during your struggle.
[image]
Quote 0 0
JCC25
Very sorry for the loss of your Keagan. I lost my sweet little pal Gil 2 days ago to congestive heart failure. It all happened so quickly. Last Saturday we had a beautiful day together. Sunday night I knew something was wrong. We went straight to the ER and had a wonderful cardiologist this week that tried everything to save him. He fought so hard and wish I could have brought him home even if only for a short time. I'm so grateful I was able to hold him at the end. My heart is broken and brakes for you as well. I'm sure you miss your Keagan terribly. It's only been a couple days and I miss my little pal more than words can express. Wishing you peace and hope. These furry guys are angels now.
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
I am so sorry for the loss of your baby Keagan. I feel your pain. We are all here for you. Talk often on the forum someone will answer you. This forum has been a lifesaver.
Wishing you peace and healing at this most difficult time. Our babies are all playing together knowing how much we love them.
Sending hugs
Tammy
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
I`m so sorry for your loss, its awful when we lose our fur babies.  And no - he was not `just a dog`, he was part of your family, and you loved him so much, which is why you took away his pain. We made the same decision 17 weeks ago today for our dog Jim, and while it was so very hard being there with him at the very end, looking back it was the kindest thing we could have done - we couldn`t let him suffer any more. 
  This forum helped me so much, just as it will do for you.  Just know all our precious little friends are now running and playing together, waiting for the day when we will be reunited with them, as we surely will. 
                                                          Hugs, Jackie.
J Taylor
Quote 0 0