seccondsmom
l lost my doggie to kidney failure on 3/11/20. i can't handle it. don't like life without her. please help.
mary taylor
Quote 1 0
JulieF
Hi Mary,

I am so sorry for the loss of your dog.  I understand how you feel.  I lost my 19 year old cat, Patch, to kidney failure (disease) three weeks ago tomorrow.  What you feel is normal.  Our pets give us so much and in many cases, we have them in our lives for many years.  I am not sure if you had to have your dog put down (I have seen other posts that refer that as "giving them back to God") - I had to give my cat back and the decision, although the best for him, tore me apart.  I am sure you are experiencing lonliness without her and your home seems empty - like the soul is missing from your home.  I know - the first weekend without my Patch I did not even want to do the laundry because I felt like I was washing him away.  You were blessed with the life of your baby - and you miss her.  It is as simple as that.  Part of the emptiness we feel is that we are no longer caring for them - in your case, probably giving her meds, walking her, etc.  I still cry sometimes when I think of him - because I miss him and want him back.  I started a journal of my memories, which helped.  You had a special bond with her and that is missing.  I also have found that if I do something productive - even cleaning out my closet - something to take my mind off of it, it will sometimes help - even for just a little while.

You have found the right place - everyone on this forum is very helpful and caring.  Even though we don't know each other in the traditional sense, we all share a bond.  

Hugs to you and bless you.
Quote 0 0
Ollie
I am having trouble coping with the loss of my doggie as well. Like what is the point of going on without him? I can only hope my perspective will change with time. I know he wouldn't my life to completely stop and that he would want the best for me. So hard.
Quote 0 0
Buddy_Mama
Mary, I'm so sorry for the loss of your doggie. I hope you've been reading through other posts here; I've found much comfort in what others have to say, as well as being able to pour out my grief too. Please read my latest comment that I just posted at  https://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/post/just-joined-this-forum-need-some-way-to-pour-out-all-this-pain-10451934 - I shared that after many, many weeks of bleak sadness, I've made a small step forward. I know how you're feeling; please continue to check in here, whether you post or just read others' writing. It has truly helped me to cope with the horrible loss we all share.
Cindy (Buddy’s mama)
My baby Buddy 5/4/10-3/7/20, rescued March 2011
My sweet Mandy 11/27/91-11/2/10, rescued November 1992
My beautiful Barney 4/28/73-9/7/92, adopted May 1973
Quote 0 0