BuddyHolley1114
It's only been 3 days. I'm so sad. On Monday morning my boyfriend was routinely taking our dog out. Buddy was so excited. He ran into the street and that's when it happened. So fast our baby was gone. We're both in our late twenties. No children. He was our son. We had him since he was 2 months old. We crate trained him. We played with him and loved him. He was soooo smart and so unique (he was a chihuahua Rottweiler) and everyone that knew him, loved him. It didn't matter how many times we kicked him off the bed, in the middle of the night I would always wake up and he would be curled up right behind my knees. I can't stop crying. Waking up isn't the same. Coming home from work isn't the same. I go pick his ashes up today. How can I make this any easier. I just need some guidance and support. :-( RIP Buddy Scalliwag Holley. 1/1/2014-4/25/2016
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Oh how tragic.  I am so sorry for your sudden loss.  Buddy is a beautiful boy.  It is all so new and tragic for both of you.  I'm sorry to say, but you both will have to go through the grieving process.  Know that Buddy loved both of you so very much.

You will need each other in your grief.  Some of us go through this process alone, some with family.  Please come in here often,  Always plenty of people who are going through the same thing as you two are.  God Bless   Prayers   Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
Tazzy
oh gosh what a cutie, so very sorry for your loss
my dog also got run over not too long ago (4 days today), so I understand how harshly this sudden loss has taken it's toll on you
sending my best wishes <3
"Sometimes when someone or something you love dies, you just have to be happy they ever even existed" -Mara Wilson 

love you forever and always
R.I.P. Taz
2010-2016
Quote 0 0
Baileysbro
My condolences at the loss of hour Buddy.  He is very cute.
Bailey
October 31, 2002 - April 19, 2016 10:25 P.M.
My best friend, my companion, my love

[e8de4bc1-77ae-4da2-9834-109b68b6cda8]

[Paws-for-the-News-Grieving-the-loss-of-a-pet] 
Quote 0 0
et61
I am SO sorry for your loss. What an adorable puppy. It looks like he was well loved. To me losing any animal unexpectantly is worse than losing one to old age or an illness. I lost my Sweetie who was extremely healthy until an infected tick bit him and within 5 days was gone. I am beyond devastated. My husband picked up his ashes but I have yet to acknowledge them. We don't have children either and all our animals are our "babies". My heart breaks for you. A sudden loss like this is overwhelming. I hope you can find some comfort here and continue to use the forum as it may help. Hugs and prayers to you.
Quote 0 0
BuddyHolley1114
Thank you so much for your kind words. I've never experienced a loss this painful. All of my immediate family is still living. My boyfriend too. So to lose his has been hard. Today is the first day that I haven't cried yet. But I know I might later when I go pick up his ashes. It's getting a little easier by the day.

winstonsmom12 wrote:
Oh how tragic.  I am so sorry for your sudden loss.  Buddy is a beautiful boy.  It is all so new and tragic for both of you.  I'm sorry to say, but you both will have to go through the grieving process.  Know that Buddy loved both of you so very much.

You will need each other in your grief.  Some of us go through this process alone, some with family.  Please come in here often,  Always plenty of people who are going through the same thing as you two are.  God Bless   Prayers   Sue
Quote 0 0
BuddyHolley1114
This forum definitely helps. At first I felt really crazy just crying all over the place but I find comfort in knowing that what I'm feeling is normal. I just never would've thought this could have happened. We had so many plans for and with him. The weather is getting nice so we were going to take him back out to the dog park. And now that's not happening with him. It's just very hard to deal with but I'm glad me and my bf have each other.

et61 wrote:
I am SO sorry for your loss. What an adorable puppy. It looks like he was well loved. To me losing any animal unexpectantly is worse than losing one to old age or an illness. I lost my Sweetie who was extremely healthy until an infected tick bit him and within 5 days was gone. I am beyond devastated. My husband picked up his ashes but I have yet to acknowledge them. We don't have children either and all our animals are our "babies". My heart breaks for you. A sudden loss like this is overwhelming. I hope you can find some comfort here and continue to use the forum as it may help. Hugs and prayers to you.
Quote 0 0
BuddyHolley1114
Thank you. And I'm so sorry for your loss as well. I love Buddy so much. And I'm glad I was the obsessive pet parent that always took pictures and videos. Because now I have memories.
Tazzy wrote:
oh gosh what a cutie, so very sorry for your loss
my dog also got run over not too long ago (4 days today), so I understand how harshly this sudden loss has taken it's toll on you
sending my best wishes <3
Quote 0 0
Baumert81
I know exactly how you are feeling. It has been 59 long days since my bestfriend was hit by a car and taken from me. I was in the deepest darkest hole I had ever been in. I didn't think there was anyway out. But here I am close to 2 months in and I am better. The grief is still there, but it is bearable. Here is a link to my story. Please read and have hope it will get better. http://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/post/sudden-death-of-my-buddy-7981120?&trail=15
Hogans Daddy
Quote 0 0
BuddyHolley1114
Knowing that the days get better is hopeful because right how the pain is unbearable. Going home is not the same. I dropped a piece of food and was waiting for him to run over and eat it before I noticed it was on the ground. Last night I was waiting for him to follow me to the shower. And my boyfriend has a hard time leaving the house and coming home because he's used to buddy barking his head off every time. Your dog was adorable. This forum is helping. I never knew I could feel pain like this
Baumert81 wrote:
I know exactly how you are feeling. It has been 59 long days since my bestfriend was hit by a car and taken from me. I was in the deepest darkest hole I had ever been in. I didn't think there was anyway out. But here I am close to 2 months in and I am better. The grief is still there, but it is bearable. Here is a link to my story. Please read and have hope it will get better. http://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/post/sudden-death-of-my-buddy-7981120?&trail=15
Quote 0 0
Meekosmommy
I'm so sorry for your loss! I just lost my Chihuaha a week and a half ago, and I am still such a mess over it. I picked his ashes up yesterday and it was very hard but it kind of gave me peace knowing that he's home again. Chihuahas are such amazing dogs, they have the BIGGEST personalities ever and they are so darn cute. I'm so sorry you are going through this. Just know that he's looking down on you and he's probably missing you as well. Stay strong through this sad time.
Quote 0 0