delightfulweirdo223
Tonight, the death my family and I have been expecting for about a year now occurred. Tonight, my rabbit Nugget passed away of old age.
I got her in second grade, and now I'm in tenth.
I've had to cope with many losses of my beloved animals, but I had never had one for so long. I don't know what to do. Theres an empty spot in the living room, where a large hutch used to be, and it just feels too empty. The rabbit that used to wake everyone up with a stomp is gone, and I can't hear her munching and ripping her box from my room anymore. When I walked through to get some water from the kitchen, I didn't see her flop onto her side in contentment, I didn't watch her hop to the front and ask for some food.
She isn't running around with the cats she's known since they were kittens, and she isn't sleeping in my lap or next to me on the couch, and she never will again.
My ten year old baby is gone and I'm never going to see her again! I wasn't ready for her to go, even if I knew it could be any day, I just didn't want it to be today.
I've cried so hard I've been sick, and I just don't know what to do. 
Thank you for everything, my little golden girl.
Quote 0 0
Beesmom123
My deepest sympathy for the loss our your beloved Nugget
You obviously loved her very much and gave her a wonderful home and life
Please know that she is not suffering and is at peace. I know it's very very hard to deal with right now, as you have lost a dear friend. But try and take comfort in the many years of joy you shared and in her feline companions . I lost my beloved cat Byron 5 months ago, he was with me from 8 weeks old until he had just turned 16. I will always miss him beyond measure. I still am fortunate to have two other cats , they are a real connection to him and do bring me comfort.

Again I'm so sorry, please take care
Bee- "Good night sweet prince & flights of angels see thee to thy rest"
Quote 0 0