EternallyBrokenhearted
I don't know what I expect from posting here, but I need to share my grief somewhere.

My little girl passed away this past Monday. I feel such an emptiness in my heart and soul. I'd naively always planned my life with her, although I've always known I'd outlive her. Lola was 11 years old and I'd had her since she was just a few months old. Throughout those 11 years, she and her brother have been great loves of my life.

Her brother and I have been so depressed without her. I cry everyday and he sleeps more than normal. I'm trying to hold it together for him, but I don't think I'm doing a well enough job. He's stopped eating their favorite snacks too - apples and carrots. I don't know if I can ever heal from this pain; I've not even felt this much sorrow or cried this hard for any human.

My little boy, up until this point, has been a perpetual puppy. I have no idea how to help him along. I think he'd love a new puppy, but I don't think I'm ready. How do I help him get through grieving?
Quote 0 0
Sil
EternallyBrokehearted,

I am very sorry for your loss of Lola.  This pain is intense, raw, unlike no other. I know, Lola is not with you but you see her presence everywhere.  You are hurting and overwhelmed with pain.  At the beginning, everything is a struggle, sometimes even breathing takes so much energy.  You came to the right place.  We all understand your pain, your loss, the emptiness of your heart.  You are not alone....everyone here has lost a beloved pet and we are in different stages of this journey, called
grief. 

You are grieving plus you need to comfort Lola's brother.  Hold him close to your heart, pet him, re-assure him, give him many tummy rubs and perhaps, buy him new treats.  Seek comfort in one another.
And, When and If, you are ready to adopt, perhaps take Lola's brother along to see if he gets along with the other puppy.

Remember, there is no rush, take time to grieve.  Write about your sweet Lola, we are here to offer our support.  Oh, those pictures are just beautiful. Take care
Quote 0 0
CK1991
EternallyBrokenHearted, I'm sorry for your loss. 11years is a long time to share with your girl, Lola.
My suggestion would be to hug your boy and just let the tears fall. He will be happy to be there for you. If you feel it's too soon for another dog my suggestion would be to wait and allow yourself to grieve. Take your boy for walks and if you need to cry that's fine. I agree with Sil. When that time does come to adopt, take Lola's brother along and allow him to choose. For now though just let your heart be sad as you mourn your beautiful girl. I'm so sorry for your pain.
Hugs to you!
Ck
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
EternallyBrokenHearted, I am so very sorry for your loss. All of us here in this forum know the pain all too well and know how difficult it is to cope with the intensity of the grief we feel. Your Lola was a beautiful little girl. Please hug her brother tightly and comfort each other. The tears will most likely come everyday, allow yourself to cry. Like you, I had never felt such great sorrow as I have for my Max and Bailey. It is awful, ever present pain that is just exhausting at times. But you are not alone. Posting here has helped me tremendously, because everyone here gets it. You are not alone in this. 
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Sil, oh my gosh, you hit the nail on the head-"breathing is difficult. " It's been three days for me, and while I was out shopping, someone commented on my keys....I seriously almost couldn't comprehend what they were saying, it was like a was in a fog. So crazy.
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
EternallyBrokenHearted,
I am so sorry for your loss. I completely understand when you say you planned a life together. I always knew my Rookie wouldn't live forever, but I too made plans. My Rookie turned 9 two days before he passed, so I figured we'd have so much more time together.
I'm thinking about you and your Lola. Give her brother a hug for me.
Quote 0 0
EternallyBrokenhearted
Thank you all for your support. It's been comforting to read all of your messages.

The other day I went to look and puppies, to see if I was ready to love another baby. I especially wanted to see since Lalo - my other dog - was extremely depressed. Of all the cute dogs I played with I wasn't emotionally ready and then I walk around the corner and I see the sweetest, most docile little boy. While I still had my reservations I decided to play with him. And I felt the connection. After some thought we decided to take him home.

Lalo snapped out of his severe depression, although he's not fully bonded with his new brother. Lalo has started eating his treats and not sleeping all day. He's still won't eat his sister's and his favorite snacks, apples and carrots. But I'm glad he's feeling a lot happier.

As for me, I miss my girl so much. It still hurts my heart to not have her and I'll always cherish the love I was privileged to have, but I am doing better. I love our new little guy and I'm enjoying the new memories I'm making with him and Lalo.

Meet Eko, our adorable Akita.
Quote 0 0
MyBabyX10
I’m so sorry for your loss! Our’s was July 22nd! I’m thankful I found this site! Thank God A very nice gentleman even helped me, when I called the phone number, since I had an issue! Thank you to those who started this site!

We all feel your pain! I cry, I scream, I sob, my heart is shattered into a million pieces! I’m glad you found this site as well, it’s helped me, we are all here for each other! I’m sorry!
DDS
Quote 0 0