astraljpg
It’s been a day and I haven’t been able to get out of bed or stop crying. Everywhere I look I see where he used to be. The thought of never seeing my baby again makes me question if life is really worth living anymore. He was my everything. I have no idea how to get through this 
Quote 0 0
JulieF
astraljpg - I am so sorry for your loss!!  You have found the right place because everyone on this forum knows exactly what you are going through and the love and support are amazing!  I try to check in on a regular basis to reach out because my pain is still fresh as well.  One week ago today I had to put down my beloved Patch tuxedo cat who was with me for 19 years since he was a kitten.  He saw me through so much in life - 3 bouts of cancer and a divorce (among other things life hands you).  He was my "boy" and I loved him so much.  The house still does not feel right (I have two other cats, one of whom is feeling some depression from this).  He had this huge personality that seemed to fill the entire house.  He slept with me on most nights, but would spend each morning on my lap when I was drinking my coffee preparing for my day.  His chair still has his fur on it.  I feel for you - I know what you are going through and I can't tell you that the pain will go away magically - but it does start to go away in very small increments.  The grief seems to come in waves though.  The best advice I have to offer is to continue to reach out to people on this forum because it really does help.  I miss my boy so much, but I am starting to be able to smile when I remember him.

Thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Julie

Quote 2 0
SherryM
I understand and I’m so sorry. I lost my kitty who was my everything yesterday. I had to have her euthanized due to her terminal illness, and sudden decline. I feel like the shell of a human right now. Your fur baby knows how you loved him and his spirit wants you to go on and heal. We feel this so deeply because their love was unconditional and true. Please be kind to yourself and know we are all in this together. Sending you a hug. 
Sherry Morgado 
Quote 1 0
greenbeagle
I am so, so sorry you lost your baby. I am in the same boat as you. Today (Tuesday) marks a week since my girl, Hobbes, was sent Home because she had declined so rapidly in just a week's time. She was 19 years old and just like everyone else in here with their babies - she meant the world to me. My heart aches for her. This house is totally empty and hollow. When I lost her sister, Maggie, back in 2016, Hobbes was here to comfort me. When I lost my human best friend of 43 years suddenly and unexpectedly on 11/13/19, Hobbes was here to comfort me. When I lost Hobbes, no one is here to comfort me. I come here often to read these forums and know that I am not the only one hurting so badly... I wish I could make all of our heartaches go away, but I only know of one thing that could make that happen, and we know them coming back to us is not going to happen... 
Quote 1 0
JulieF
SherryM - So sorry about your sweet kitty!  You did the right thing for her.  It is so painful but time will slowly start to heal.  Like greenbeagle, I wish I had a magic wand to wave to make all the grief go away - but since that is not going to happen, I just hope and pray we can all slowly recover and remember with fondness our loved ones.
Quote 1 0
LaGata
My baby has been gone 2 months now and I still can't believe she's gone.  I too question whether to go on.....in a very dark place and I can't break free.  It gets better some days.  My thoughts are with you...hang in there
Quote 0 0