Forum

Author   Comment   Page 5 of 26     «   Prev   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   Next   »
Tankie12

Reply with quote  #61 
Thanks Catie. Browns enjoys Sports company very much. He has been wonderful for her. The constant grooming is all around her face and when he gets to her ears she just leans into it she enjoys it so much. She was never the outgoing one. She only had room in her life for her sister, (and our yorkie) until him. She even tries to play with him, but it’s more of him running circles around her while she pounces at him like a cat. Tankie had been declining even before the hurricane. She had outlived her live expectancy after Chemo. Five yrs past Chemo is unheard of and it aged her, Browns sensed it and she also slowed down. But Sport has brought much life back into her. That’s why I refer to him as “her puppy”
No the summer hasn’t worsened anything. Fl summers are just hot humid and rainy. The girls had a doggie door but preferred the air conditioning. Our little winters are what Tankie loved💛 I’d have to bring her in at night she enjoyed the cool/cold so much. Her thick coat was suited for those temperatures. Those will be rough. We all seem to have similar triggers that bring a fresh set of new emotions to somehow face, and get through. But for me, I don’t think you ever get over grieving, you find compartments. But you know they’re right there, always-
I hope this week has many sunflowers for you 🌻

Reply with quote  #62 
I know you said you were saving this quote but I wanted to post it on your thread anyways. I wasn’t sure which one to post it on, I figured this one would be best 💛

You are a spiritual being. You are energy and energy cannot be destroyed. It just changes form. Therefore the pure essence of you has already been and always will be. Everything that has existed will always exist, it’s moving into form, through form and out of form. So if you think we are just this body. Think again. You’re a spiritually being, you are eternal energy. 99% of who you are is invisible and untouchable.”

💕

Reply with quote  #63 
Jenny, thank you 💞

Reply with quote  #64 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankie12
Jenny, thank you 💞

Youre welcome💛💕💕

Reply with quote  #65 
Dearest Lynn,

Today is the day for both of us and I confess I feared this day a little. Half a year, where did it go? And how did I spend it? Awkwardly learning to cope, come to terms and try new ways. Some days were good, some weren’t. I guess you feel the same.

I remember you talked of Tankie’s funtime during your short winters. I smiled and a picture of her having fun in heaps of snow came up before my inner eye. You know, Max had a blast in winter, it was his favorite season. I try to imagine them both rolling down in joy a snowy hill as I am writing these words to you.

I pray that your special day will be of good and joyful memories, that those happy days with her will fill your heart and soul. (We can still cry tomorrow)

I think you love sunflowers and so I post this one in honor of this special day and to honor Tankie
Tankiesflower.jpg 
Many hugs to you

[hundi]

Tankie12

Reply with quote  #66 
🌻thank you Silvia. Your words are thoughtful and kind and full of inspiring wisdom and visions. She would have loved snow, I often thought of the pure childlike joy she would have had seeing and romping in it. The image of Max and Tankie playing like children is a sweet one, indeed. The beautiful picture instantly reminded me of how my girl loved to forage through thickets. She made her own “Tankie Trails” and followed them daily in our backyard, she could have been blindfolded she knew each scent so well. But, as you know, six months does not take away the longing, grief or pain because those can’t be measured, they are as infinite as the numbers used. Blessings of “warm fuzzies” on this day, and always

Attached Images
jpeg 9572B472-02A4-4BEF-989D-706BA150E0AA.jpeg (66.78 KB, 2 views)

MyBella

Reply with quote  #67 
Dear Lynn,

I am so, so sorry for the loss of your beautiful, precious Tankie, such a sweet face in this photo,
Click image for larger version - Name: 0C9417CC-AFB6-423A-A451-4EAE3618A0B3.jpeg, Views: 3, Size: 34.58 KB
Tankie is a beautiful, gentle giant, as you mentioned she weighed a whopping 117 lbs, your sweet girl who gave you such wonderful, fun filled days and moments over the years, I completely understand the emptiness left behind by her absence.

It really touched my heart with how you made Tankie's heart shaped ID tag into a necklace that you now wear, and my heart was warmed by your comment that you will wear that necklace, never taking it off until the day you can put it around your sweet Tankie's neck again.....that is so beautiful Lynn, thank you for sharing that on here.

Thank you for your words about little girl's documentary, I really appreciate you taking the time to visit and writing to us.

In honor of your beautiful girl and her six months since having to leave, I post this candle.
May your heart always feel the warmth and love that your sweet Tankie continues to surround you with, bringing with her love, the peace and healing you so deserve.

Sincerely, Don

candleFlame254v1.jpg 

CKMP

Reply with quote  #68 
Lynn, Tankie's Mom forever,

6 months passes by - quickly and then at times not so...Each word you write is filled with the love and also the gratitude felt for your sweet gentle giant Tankie.  - your girl, your guardian, your saviour, your friend and your heart-dog. [and of course loving sister to Browns]  So so moving Lynn, your necklace fashioned from Tankie's ID tag - a heart to be worn forever and a day until you can place it once again about her neck.  Hearts always intertwined, connected and forever together.  The aloneness, and emptiness is because of love, a love so unconditional and deep there are no words to describe...and so the depth of the sorrow is yes, because of the depth of the love.  This is another journey we take - unwillingly - and forced upon us fraught with 'twists and turns', detours and even a retracing of our steps.  Our lives are so changed because of the bond created between ourselves and our fur ones they cannot help but be changed because we are without their physical comfort from their presence.  May your 'giant fur angel' touch you each day with wings of protection, of love and of care...may her nearness bring some warmth to the chill of grief and sorrow and may she often place one of those gentle paws upon your arm as a reminder she is there.  May you forever hold her by the scruff of her neck fur and may her scent linger long within the room and your heart.  Many hugs. Many thanks too Lynn for your kindness and support on those 'tougher' days and moments.
catiebee

Reply with quote  #69 
Lynn, I am deeply sorry for this painful anniversary, for the ongoing suffering such a deep loss keeps bringing, and for all of the longing that the marking of time brings. 

You are often in my thoughts with many hopes that hard days could become easier, that the arrows of grief could be blunted and that much comfort finds you. The loss runs so far and wide.

I hope Browns and Sport are bringing you little joys and smiles all along.  I hope some good things and sparks of encouragement are part of your week. Sending many hugs and wishes for peace.

Tankie12

Reply with quote  #70 
Some of my girls together and Tankie only

Attached Images
jpeg 3127C972-159D-4146-8A49-179EB42D7C51.jpeg (46.47 KB, 6 views)
jpeg 64CCF547-A9FA-4927-BE1E-A7E8F560687E.jpeg (44.59 KB, 6 views)
jpeg 50968EB5-FB48-48F5-8CA4-1581C50FAFEE.jpeg (37.26 KB, 6 views)
jpeg 4053AC36-ED3D-405E-9D5B-46FFCB2F0817.jpeg (42.13 KB, 7 views)
jpeg 0BD8F4F9-90A4-4797-9C09-01AC45C46667.jpeg (50.02 KB, 7 views)
jpeg 4B53C2A4-C11D-46BD-B751-71AB3945E2DD.jpeg (39.14 KB, 6 views)
jpeg F9F9E105-F161-4BA3-AB4B-830832EB6AA2.jpeg (41.47 KB, 6 views)
jpeg DEA3F711-BA0B-4D5B-B7E6-AF52F9AAEEE0.jpeg (46.90 KB, 7 views)
jpeg 9DCAE015-796B-4297-B61E-68C1734D6A80.jpeg (35.12 KB, 8 views)
jpeg 7CF2BEA6-31D9-4653-85E9-F65A0A1928BB.jpeg (68.54 KB, 8 views)
jpeg 0DB39E68-535C-426B-B394-3B81735430FD.jpeg (47.18 KB, 9 views)
jpeg 18F6C9B3-2F62-44BC-8D6C-B5F0CC2DE97E.jpeg (54.67 KB, 7 views)

catiebee

Reply with quote  #71 
Awww! These are wonderful, Lynn. Such sweethearts!

Thank you so much for sharing these photos and memories of your darling dogs. So precious. 

Tankie12

Reply with quote  #72 
The bottom left of Tankie shows the palsy on the right side of her face from the cancer she’d previously had, a battle scar worn by the heart of a fighter. Made her all the more special💞

Reply with quote  #73 
Lynn,

First off, thank you so much for your kind words on my thread. You really comforted me.

And now..... yes, awww..... such beautiful pictures you posted there. How lovely that must have been to raise them when they were so so little and so so sweet. Wonderful and very precious pictures. I imagine what beautiful memories are connected to those pictures. It gave me a big smile to see how close they are together. Thank you very much for sharing this with us, Lynn. So uplifting, so beautiful.

My good thoughts are with you

[hundi]

JennyTeddy

Reply with quote  #74 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankie12
Some of my girls together and Tankie only

So precious 💛 love the photos 💕

Reply with quote  #75 
THANK YOU for sharing.  I love pictures of our babies.  
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.