Tankie12 Show full post »
JennyTeddy
Sweet Lynn 💛

I wanted to visit yours & Tankies Thread thank you from the bottom of my heart for always visiting Teddy’s thread, reading his stories and loving his photos and leaving such sweet messages. I loved that you referred Teddy as a “Ham” ☺️ It made me smile. I appreciate all the comfort and support you give me when I know you’re hurting yourself with the loss baby. You baby is so proud of you, you’re a wonderful mommy with such a loving spirit just like Tankie 💕 sending you fresh hugs and comfort. 🐾
If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Lynn (Tankie's mom),
I was reading through your posts about your precious Tankie and I could feel how much love you have for your gentle giant through all of your words. I went back to the beginning and felt so sad thinking about her nose prints still on the window and her bed beside her sister's bed. I remember putting our dog's bed away only to take it back out again as I couldn't stand the empty space there. I think we have to do whatever we need to do to survive such a devastating loss.

I read how you cared for Tankie during her last 6 weeks and my thought is that she knew you loved her and were trying to help her. Grief can play with our emotions; we look at the things we might not have gotten right but the truth is we loved them and they knew that and it's all they really wanted - beside a few treats now and again. 😉 Caring for our friends when they become ill only strengthens that wonderful bond we already shared so it's that much harder when they have to leave and we feel like we can't do anything for them anymore.

I love the story that JennyTeddy posted and it is so true that we can learn so much from how dogs (and animals) live and love!

Lastly, I want to tell you that Tankie and her sister definitely did grow into beautiful swans (I love their pictures!) and I have an inkling that one day you will be able to experience how good it feels to have your arms around her neck again and smell the wonderful smell of her beautiful thick coat. Until then St. Francis will be taking good care of your beloved Tankie.

Sending hugs and a wish for peace,

MJ 💗
Quote 0 0
CK1991
You're most welcome Lynn. I lost 2 little dogs. They were the lights in my life and I later found this forum. I've always planned to write my story but somehow as things became the "new normal" it was easier to read and try and help other people with lost pets, especially those who were recently bereaved. Maybe someday.
I do agree with what MJ said, I too think that Tankie is safe now with St. Francis and you will meet again.
Hugs to you, CK
Quote 0 0
Licoop2
Just brought my little Lily’s ashes home. I just hold the urn and weep.
Liz
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Purzel wrote:
Dear Lynn,

Just wanted to send some fresh hugs your way and my good thoughts and wishes.

Many hugs

Morning Silvia I hope the sun is out your way and your spirits are bright. Hugs are always welcomed, thank you😚 May the days of this week be filled with sweet moments of your wonderful Max🐾
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Bailey15 wrote:
Hi Lynn (Tankie's mom),
I was reading through your posts about your precious Tankie and I could feel how much love you have for your gentle giant through all of your words. I went back to the beginning and felt so sad thinking about her nose prints still on the window and her bed beside her sister's bed. I remember putting our dog's bed away only to take it back out again as I couldn't stand the empty space there. I think we have to do whatever we need to do to survive such a devastating loss.

I read how you cared for Tankie during her last 6 weeks and my thought is that she knew you loved her and were trying to help her. Grief can play with our emotions; we look at the things we might not have gotten right but the truth is we loved them and they knew that and it's all they really wanted - beside a few treats now and again. 😉 Caring for our friends when they become ill only strengthens that wonderful bond we already shared so it's that much harder when they have to leave and we feel like we can't do anything for them anymore.

I love the story that JennyTeddy posted and it is so true that we can learn so much from how dogs (and animals) live and love!

Lastly, I want to tell you that Tankie and her sister definitely did grow into beautiful swans (I love their pictures!) and I have an inkling that one day you will be able to experience how good it feels to have your arms around her neck again and smell the wonderful smell of her beautiful thick coat. Until then St. Francis will be taking good care of your beloved Tankie.

Sending hugs and a wish for peace,

MJ 💗

MJ thank you so much for your comforting words on Tankie’s thread! I just read your first post and my eyes watered at your words. Especially in the beginning how you didn’t want to sleep because you knew when you woke up you’d have to face it all over again, yes! I didn’t sleep for weeks because I would rather know than re-know all over again. Now when I sleep I pray for dreams, I’ve only had one that I remembe😔🐾 In the beginning I was soo firm in my belief she was in St Francis’s care, now daily I have to try and reaffirm that belief. As in all things spiritual doubt creeps in and takes continuous strengthening, 👣faith🐾
With the exception of medical supplies and diet food everything that was Tankie’s remains as is.
Ya know how people who have gone through tramas tend to have a backlash of emotions? I’ve been through ones that have received national attention and my share of personal trauma but never had an issue. This loss has been like none other
I have no doubt your angel is watching over you! What a happy baby, so loving and kind. I adore how his presence brought smiles to the patients and how wonderful your own Dr was with him! Take care,,,,,
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Licoop2 wrote:
Just brought my little Lily’s ashes home. I just hold the urn and weep.

Liz I’m so sorry, I remember bringing Tankie’s ashes home and it was painful just seeing the box. Try to remember that is what’s left of Lily’s body. Her spirit/soul the very essence of Lily is forever alive and keep looking for that Love all around you, she’s with you and wants you to know she’s here. Her love for you is eternal,,,,,
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Lynn,
I just now saw/read your reply. I agree that the loss of Tankie is like none other. When I lost Bailey I was truly devastated. I also read your beautiful post about Tankie in the shower. I'm sure she is anxious to let the mom, that she loved so much, know that all really is well.

I do believe that Tankie and Bailey and all of their beautiful friends are happy and being well cared for by St. Francis. Pope Francis says that all of God's creatures are welcome in heaven. Some day we will see them again. 🌟 Hugs and peace,
MJ
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
MJ yes! Thank you so much for the reassurance of our babies being taken care of💞 Your Words bring me so much comfort and peace😚🐾
Quote 0 0
Purzel
Lynn,

Thank you for visiting my thread and making me smile. Even tho the tears still flow on a daily basis and some nights can be difficult I am deeply grateful that we have one another and do not have to walk through this alone. Just like you feel about Tankie I do feel that the loss of my beloved Max was like no other, I have never experienced such grief ever before. I guess it is still quite a long road to walk but I try to fill my heart with a good memory on a daily basis and reassure myself with the only truth that I was so blessed and so were you.

Many hugs
Silvia (with Max forever in my heart)

[hundi]

Quote 0 0
normsmom

Hi Lynn,

Just checking in to say I am thinking of you and your beautiful, gentle girl today. Thank you for sharing her photos with me. I can't get over how much she reminds me of Norm. 

Wishing you peace and healing this weekend,
Heather

Quote 0 0
Tankie12
normsmom wrote:

Hi Lynn,

Just checking in to say I am thinking of you and your beautiful, gentle girl today. Thank you for sharing her photos with me. I can't get over how much she reminds me of Norm. 

Wishing you peace and healing this weekend,
Heather

Than you for peeking in on me😚
Our kids would have made a handsome couple right?! It’s all in the eyes. It’s still difficult to stare at them, like they speak from a piece of paper. Than my inside voice wants to know how this can all be gone,,,,,
I know when you first came to this forum, registered, but when did Norm leave? How long has it been, does it still feel like yesterday with a million days of seperation?
I hope the coming week is kind with the gentle breeze of Norm circling your heart and soul,,,,,
Quote 0 0
CKMP
Lynn,
Just wanted to check in and see how you are doing?  And to let you know your gentle giant is being thought - Hoping you are feeling the touch of your girl as she brushes beside you - may your heart feel her love and loyalty each day.  She walks with you - each step taken is shadowed by your Tankie never to leave her mom alone.  Many hugs Lynn - and a couple of extra pets for Browns and Sport.
Quote 0 0
CKMP
Lynn,
Thank you so much for your words on Maggee and Kassee's thread.  They brought tears - you understand and are so very kind...Thank you very much.  
Quote 0 0
JennyTeddy
Lynn ♡
Thinking of you & sending you fresh hugs. You’re always a sweetheart checking on me and visiting Teddy’s thread ♡ I hope you feel the comfort of your babies both Tankie & Boogie watching over you and receive comforting signs from both of them.
If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Quote 0 0