teresa106

My husband & I lost our two 10 year old boxers exactly 2 weeks apart to the day.  Butch passed away 2 wks ago suddenly and Buster passed away today suddenly.  We are both devastated and was just starting to come around a little from Butch's death...now we are having to face it again in such a short time period.  We are so saddened by these events and it is such a struggle to handle all this.  They were our lives!  Anyone face a similar experience?

Quote 0 0
JulieD
I am so sorry to hear of your loss of Butch and Buster.   Although I did not lose my two goldens in a short span, I did lose them both in less than 2 years.  I briefly talked to a pet grievance counselor on another site and she told me that I may be in so much pain and sadness right now because of losing them so close together....Bailey was 12 when we had to put him to sleep in June 2010 and Sadey would have been 15 this March.....I had to make that dreaded decision to put her to sleep on Dec 12th....
This site has truly been my lifesaver.....I have found that these past couple weeks I am back to having a very difficult time and the raw emotions more frequently again....They were my babies (I don't have kids) and my whole life.  I don't really know how to move forward without them. I have read many books on pet loss in the last two months....I have even purchased at least 6 off of Amazon and they have helped me.
I also keep a journal, although I don't write in it every day, I do note poems, quotes, helpful notes that I read in the books....
I am keeping you and your husband in my thoughts & prayers.....please know that Butch and Buster love you both so much and are so thankful for all the times you shared over the last 10 years.....I am sure you gave them a wonderful life.  Please share stories and pictures when you are ready....it may help you.
Sending you hugs....
Quote 0 0
donnalee

Teresa, I am so sorry for what you and your husband are going through.   How shocking it must be to lose them so close together.  Were they brothers?  That they both passed so suddenly is quite puzzling.  My heart truly goes out to you.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband as you grieve these losses.  Please know we are here for you. 

Quote 0 0
Cricket
Hi Teresa;

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your two Boxers in such a short span of time. I can kind of relate, I lost my cat Iggy to a sudden illness in late June and then my Rottweiler Hero to a sudden illness mid September. It was and is still devastating. Iggy and Hero were incredibly close and Hero never seemed to get past his grief after losing his best friend. I now know that he wasn't doing well physically, but he was never the same after Iggy passed away.

I hope that you and your husband can come here and read our posts and take comfort in knowing that you are not alone in your grief. There is really no way to get your head around such a loss as you have suffered. This is a kind place for healing and I find that reading about how others cope, or even how they can't cope some days to be very reassuring, and I hope that you do, too.

-Cricket
Quote 0 0
mario8

teresa, I am so sorry for the losses. I have never lost 2 that fast but I lost my 8 year old boxer 6 weeks ago. My heart goes out to you and I hope you find some comfort on these forums. GOD bless.

Quote 0 0
Cass
Hi,
Just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about your loss. My beloved cat Phoebe died last Saturday, so I know how raw that pain is at the minute. I have another girl (cat) Dora and in many ways I'm keeping going to ensure she doesn't suffer. I can't imagine losing them both in such a short space as time. That must be so painful, but I hope you find comfort here and in knowing that they knew love from you.
Take good care.
Cass
Quote 0 0
heartsick
I am so very sorry for the loss of both Butch and Buster.
When we lose someone we love we never stop loving them-
LOVE NEVER DIES.
We are ALL here for you and we ALL understand what you are going through.
I am divorced - when I was married I buried my son - at that time
I became a Certified Grief Counselor.
I used the same graveside service for my Bear as I used for my son.
Bear and I curled up for a nap and only I woke up.
After fourteen years I couldn't even breathe without him.
This path of grief we are all on is awful However we
are ALL on it together.
Thirteen weeks after my Bear died I lost my little bunny Nori.
You are not alone.
We will ALL be here for you.
You are in My Thoughts.
Susan(heartsick)

Quote 0 0
finchgangsmom

Teresa I am so very sorry that you have had to go through the pain of loosing two pets you loved so much. Its never easy but so close together I dont know what to say. A few years ago I lost several of my finch babies in just a matter of a couple months time and It was very overwhelming for me. I broke down and sat on the floor in front of the cages and cried a river. i couldnt seem to stop. Please know that my heart goes out to you. Again Im so very sorry. Many hugs to you.

Finch Gangs Mom (Loren)
Quote 0 0