Rose

The beginning of January I lost one of my cats, Ringo. He had cancer for a few months and was 14 yrs. old.  He was a beautiful cat and we miss him alot.  Now two weeks after that, Jan. 26 one of our dogs,Honey died at only 4 yrs. old. She had Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and died from complications of the disease. She was too young to have had this happen to her. My husband and I are heartbroken about losing her. We adopted her and her sister Buffy when they were 4 mnths. old. They were so close, always playing and sleeping together. We always said they were two dogs with one mind. Even though it is hard to even think about right now, we thought we should get her a friend to keep her company. She is very timid and I don't know how I would be able to find the right dog. Has anyone dealt with this kind of situation before? We are both torn up about this happening and can't believe that we lost 2 of our babies in 1 month.

Quote 0 0
Jparish

I'm very sorry you lost two loved ones in such a short time. I'm sure Buffy misses Honey a lot, but I wouldn't rush into finding her (and you) a new friend - especially if Buffy is a shy little girl. The right dog will come around sooner or later, until then I'd smother Buffy with extra big love.

Quote 0 0