Mskittykat29
I just don’t know how to handle our loss. Our boy was 11 and got pneumonia suddenly. I had a feeling something was wrong but waited and he rapidly declined. The guilt I feel is overwhelming and I feel physically ill. We had to put him to sleep and I just can’t bear the thought of him not being here. My children are devastated and I cannot sleep or eat. Every time I think I am ok a fresh wave of pain strike me. We have three other dogs and the thought of one day losing them makes me scared. I miss him lying next to me, and the weight of his body on my lap. Please tell me that this gets better, that he is happy and running free somewhere. I just can’t stop crying.
Quote 0 0
DogMom86
I'm so sorry for the loss of your cat. It is hard with euthanasia because even though we know we are making a kind, loving choice for our pets, it's still difficult to know we had to help them over the bridge. It's really difficult the first few days and even weeks of mourning. The guilt is part of the process most people go through, I know I certainly have. The pain and the sadness is normal and difficult. I had the same thoughts as you looking at my others dogs thinking "Good Lord in ten years (less with Abby probably two years) am I going to be going through this agony again?" When I think this way, I have to take a breath and remind myself that the love, laughter, and happiness far outweighs the sadness of death and that I'll always have them in my memories and my heart. It's normal to be scared when we love our furbabies so deeply. Your baby is free of pain and is still around, just in spirit form. I believe animals have souls and that their souls are now whole and healthy and that they still are around us and watch over us with love.
Mija, Chihuahua: 2004-2019
16 years
London, Golden Retriever: 2005-2020
15 years

Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, Kawaii and Pepita the Chihuahua

Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Katie,

I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet boy. It is normal to feel guilt and have fear of losing other beloved pets. It takes time but it will get better. I hope happy memories of your boy, your three dogs and your family bring you comfort at this difficult time.

My condolences,

Jan
Quote 0 0