Emeinhart
Last Friday we put our very precious girl to sleep. She was 12 1/2 year old black lab. I have a lot of guilt about it. She had bone cancer and she had to be carried but could at times make it out on her own to go potty. She had some episodes that week of distressful pain 2 times for about an hour. My husband told me she was suffering and it was time to let her go. But the day the vet could put her to sleep she was interactive with us and Accupunture she received the day before really helped her. She still couldn’t walk hardly and the pain was a little bad that day. But I feel like I gave up on her. She may have only had a few more days. But I miss her sweet concerned eyes. She was my baby before I had a husband before I had children. It is hard to come home and have no one to greet me. It is hard I miss her so much. I wish I could go back in time and have another hike and another walk with her. I think about all the last times we had together and sweet pictures I have on my phone. One thing I am thankful for her diagnosis of cancer was the gift to spend special time with her. We even got family pictures with her. But now that the day has happened all I can think is that I killed her and let her down. She was suffering some but I was not sure she was ready to go. I wish I could just have her walk up one more time with her wagging tail and sweet face and kiss her again. I just want to know she is happy and running around again.
Quote 0 0
ScoutsMom
Emeinhart
So sorry about your Senka. It sounds as if you did your best to help her. I felt the same about my 2 babies. I lost Scout and Banjo 5 wks ago now. 3 days apart. I still feel guilty that maybe I didn't do enough. I am so bereaved...i don't have any other family... they were my family.
I too wish I could walk my babies one more time... kiss them one more time.... lay next to them one more time. I do hope you can find a friend who understands and will let you cry on their shoulder. People on this site can understand your grief so post here if you need to.
12 1/2 is a long life for a lab... and yet I know it is never long enough. I had my baby Scout nearly 16 years and I would literally give everything I own to have her here with me tonight. Cry as much as you need to. Take care.
Quote 0 0
nosunshine
I've heard that bone cancer is very painful and animals try and hide their pain. If your girl could hardly walk I think she was suffering a lot. You did the best thing for her by allowing her to be freed from her pain.
Blessings,
Sharon
Quote 0 0