kimmi
I had to pit my baby down last Thursday at age 12. He devloped lung disease and on top of that pneumothorax or a collapsed lung. The only treatment was horribly invasive and not even a guarantee and then we would still have to deal with the underlying disease. It was utterly agonizing to make the decision to let him go...and afterward... well afterward has been a constant struggle not to cry every minute of everyday. There is a weight on my chest and a knot in my stomach. My 18 yr old daughter and boyfriend have been amazing but im afraid to share the extent of my grief. My "little guy" was with me since he was a puppy. He was my shadow when i was home and cuddled me all the time. l am a wreck and lost without him
Quote 0 0
buttercup12344
I am so sorry for your loss :( i lost my blossom last march her anniversary just passed last week all i can say is hang in there it gets better :) take care of yourself 
kathryn 
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
kimmi,
I am so very sorry for your loss! It's a terrible decision to have to make. My little dog, Bailey was not eating and his white blood cell count was the highest the vet had ever seen. They suggested an ultrasound but I knew he likely had cancer and they said they would be looking for tumors - and the treatments would be invasive. He was almost 16 and I knew the uktrasound would be painful if he had tumors so we had to let him go rather than put him through that - So I understand what you have said and please believe that you did the most loving thing for your precious pet! I feel so badly for you because I do understand how hard that decision was and the awful pain - like your heart has been ripped out. I read that there is a tiny bit less grief every day and I have been finding that to be true - it will be 4 months on March 10. I hope you can start to find some peace. Sending you hugs!!
MJ
Quote 0 0
kimmi
thank you it truly feels good speaking out to and hearing from people in these same circumstances...yes it feels like my heart has been ripped out... i hope time will bring healing.... take care and hugs back at you!
Quote 0 0
Baumert81
You are definitely no alone here. We are all going through the same heartache. My little peek a poo buddy Hogan was tragically taken from us a week ago today at only age 8. He was my everything. He would never leave my side, he was like Velcro. The toughest for me is waking up knowing he is not there and when I go to bed. He use to lay his head on my chest and stare into my eyes before he bedded down for the night. I have found that the support of everyone on here and knowing that I am not alone has put a small bandage on my heart although it is definitely still broken in a million pieces. Since That fateful day I have read at least 3 books concerning the loss of a pet. I could recommend a couple if you would like. Don't hesitate to contact me or any of us.
Hogans Daddy
Quote 0 0
Courtney8982
Here experiencing the same heartache for the first time in my life as well. You're not alone.
Quote 0 0
kimmi
i probably shouldnt read these posts while im at work but i cant help. Thanks all for your responses and i am sorry for your losses. Baumert81 my phoenix used to do the same with me in bed. i loved listening to his breathing near my ear - was the best way to fall asleep...i am glad i found this site
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
Kimmi,
I am so sorry for your loss. We all feel the same way about loosing our babies. I hope you find some peace. Sending you hugs.
Quote 0 0
kimmi
even now sitting here trying to watch a movie and distract my mind i am overcome by sadness that weighs so heavily... i am brought to tears sporadically... phoenix would be sitting by my side
Quote 0 0