Alext
Hi I lost my dog diesel just over a month ago in a house fire in my home while I was out. I got home to find my house blackend with smoke damage and my poor baby on his bed breathing but not conscious I had to drag him out the house trying to get him to my car he is a 2 year old Rottweiler so he was a big boy!! I couldn’t make it to my car with him so the vets came and picked him up unfortunately he didn’t make it he died 8 hours after I found him. I’m completely broken he was my child I loved him so much the thought of going the rest of my life without his beautiful self is unbearable I keep going back to the time I found him in the house I just can’t get it out of my head he wasn’t burnt the smoke is what got him. Just the thought that he suffered or was scared or crying out for us is unbearable I’m completely lost without him! He was the most amazing boy ever the biggest personality in the world I just want him back so bad!!
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
Alex, I am so sorry for your tragic loss of Diesel, you post touched my heart and I would like to offer prayers for you and your family. I can't imagine what you must be going through, this is a tough situation you face. These accidents happen every day and I know you are consumed with guilt and reliving that day. Diesel knows how much you loved him, he will always be near you and dwell within your heart and soul. There will be a reunion one day, I truly believe this. We all try as best as we can to protect and care for our wonderful fur angels, but we just can't be by their side all the time. Please try to slowly let go of the guilt, Diesel would not want you to suffer over what happened. I'm so sorry, I wish I had better words to say, just know that you will be in my prayers, for peace and comfort.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
camunki
Alex, I am so sorry for the loss of your Diesel, and you did not plan this, this was not intentional and I know it will take a long time to heal. Losing our pets, no matter what the circumstances, always cuts to the core of our heart.

I am glad you were able to to try to take him out of the house, he loves you and remembers that love. I sometimes wonder how our young pets get taken so soon, I often wonder if God needs more angels in heaven.

A long time ago I lost my beloved Dakota at only 4 1/2 y/o and feel like she was shortchanged on life.

As for your sweet Diesel, i love the Rotti breed (my profile pic is Jemma a Rotti also who went to heaven on 10/21/16) and I am glad you had him for 2 years. I don't even know the feelings you are going thru, but i am sure they not good. And as Charlie said above, I wish i could give you better words. 

Please keep posting here, it does take away that alone feeling. My heart goes out to you and my prayers.

Cam

Quote 0 0
ForMitookie_03
Hi Alext,  I'm so sorry you lost your precious Diesel in such a tragic way.  Tomorrow will be two weeks since I lost my cat.  I still keep going over and over in my head his last day, I still keep asking myself what could I have done differently and would it have made a difference.  We tend to beat ourselves up in times like these.  I think you are carrying so much guilt because you weren't there, but try to remember that you had no control over the fire.  At least Diesel knows you tried to save him and you were there to comfort him in the end.  He knows you gave him every bit of you.  When my cat died he was disoriented, blind and confused from having a seizure or stroke of some sort.  All I kept thinking was did he know I was there? Did he know I was trying to comfort him and I didn't want him to hurt or suffer?  I ask him for forgiveness all the time.  You have found the right place to express your feelings and to know that everything you are going through is normal.  I questioned whether I wanted to be around without my kitty.  How I would ever go on without him?  That is how deeply the pain goes.  I know it will get better.  You have to know you will feel better one day.  Time is the only healer.  Take it one moment at a time, and you will get through this.  I wish you peace and that you find comfort through the people on this forum; people just like you that are distraught and in pain from the loss of much more than a pet.  Take care.

Marina
Marina ~ Mitookie's Mom
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Alext, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hate that he died so young and in such a tragedy! I wish he could have been saved. 

I know it's really hard to get tormenting pictures of that day out of your head. I'm struggling with that myself. 

Wishing you comfort and peace of mind and less pain day by day.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
RileysMom
Alext, I am so, so sorry you and Diesel went through that. I can’t even imagine how terrifying that was for you. Traumatic deaths like that seem to to haunt us for some time. The flashbacks are awful, and I’m sorry you’re having them. I’m glad he wasn’t burned and that in the end he was unconscious. That means he wasn’t aware of everything that was going on while you were gone.

He was definitely taken too soon, and there is nothing fair about that. I won’t even try to minimize that. What I am glad about, is I can tell how much you loved him. The time he was alive was spent with someone who loved and cared for him very much. That says something and has meaning. So many animals don’t even get a liitle bit of that in their lives. You gave him something good and special, and that is something to feel good about.

Please hang in there and know that we are here for you.
Val
—Loving Riley, Rosy & Axl always 🐾

Quote 0 0
1967Pinecone
Oh, Alex, I am sorry beyond words. That must have been awful for you, but at least you were able to get him out of the house, and he knew you were there. Losing a pet is difficult enough but to lose one so tragically is even worse. I know you are probably thinking "what if" but please don't beat yourself up about that. You didn't know the fire would happen. Fires are one of the things that scare me the most, because I know I probably would never be able to get everybody out. Keep posting on this forum. It really helps.
"Some of you say, "Joy is greater than sorrow" and others say, "Nay, sorrow is the greater." But I say unto you, they are inseparable. Together they come, and when one sits alone with you at your board, remember that the other is asleep upon your bed." Khalil Gibran
Quote 0 0
latigresse
Alex, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine how awful that is as this was preventable.

I had a friend years ago who also lost her four beloved German Shepards in a house fire for the same reason: smoke inhalation. 

I pray God give you strength at this difficult time.
Love is Forever
Quote 0 0
Avabear
Alext, I've just read your post, how horrific for you, it has always been one of my biggest fears, over the years I have gone back home to double check I had turned the fire off or my straightners etc because I fear something like this happening.  I can't imagine how that must have felt for you.  My thoughts are with you and hope you move beyone those horrible last moments.
Avabears mummy

'It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.' Anon

Quote 0 0