chris7322
Today I had to put to sleep my 8 year old lab. Just found out today she had an inoperable tumor. So shocking as she was fine up until late last night. It just feels surreal. And when I try not to think of her I feel guilty like I should just be crying all night. Everyone says it gets easier and I'm sure it does but it's hard as hell right now.
Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
I'm so sorry about the loss of your precious Lab. Having to make the horrible decision when she was only 8 years old is so sad. You're right, it is surreal. I had to make the same decision on June 18 for my beloved Golden Retriever, Murphy. I don't know that it actually gets easier, at least in my case, but our feelings change and evolve over time. I still miss Murphy as much today as I did June 18 and my heart is broken. The only thing that gets me through is the quality of life issue. I become sad when I think of him (which I do all the time) but I also recall wonderful memories of our 9-1/2 years together. The grief comes in waves that ebb and flow. When the situation is shocking as it was for you, me and many others here there are so many emotions that come into play and simply have to run their course.

Please know you are among friends and we'd all like to learn more about your girl if you feel so inclined. It helps to know who our furbabies are playing with at the Rainbow Bridge. Again, I am sorry for the loss of your girl.

Blessings,
Murphy's Mom (Kathryn)
"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
Buddysmom2
Chris

I'm so very sorry for your loss. It is a deep pain & at times the void they leave can feel unbearable. My dog was 4 days shy of his 8th birthday when he passed. Too soon, as you know.
There are many kind souls here who are going through what you are. Posting here does help.
Wishing you peace.

chris7322 wrote:
Today I had to put to sleep my 8 year old lab. Just found out today she had an inoperable tumor. So shocking as she was fine up until late last night. It just feels surreal. And when I try not to think of her I feel guilty like I should just be crying all night. Everyone says it gets easier and I'm sure it does but it's hard as hell right now.
Quote 0 0
chris7322
Thanks for the comments. It helps to share my situation with others who havd been through the same.
Biscuit was the first dog I had since I was a young kid, so it's been a long time since I've hind through this. I've had to do it with several cats and it was hard big they were already sick before we had to put them down. It's just so hard that just yesterday she was chasing my two cats and grabbing everything in the house as she usually did and now she's gone. I have 3 kids and telling them after school today was just horrible. They were all very upset. The only comforting thing was we got to go say goodbye to her. Even though she was all medicated to ease her pain while waiting for us, I know she knew we were there, I could tell from her breathing. I just can't be on the house or yard without looking for her and waiting for her to come into the room.
8 years old in my book is way to young. I hope s
Quote 0 0
Samiam
We put our lab Buddy down yesterday too, he was almost 8. Cancer all through his body, it was only three weeks . You are not alone, lots of love to you
Quote 0 0
Pandassister
I'm so sorry for your loss, I know the pain you are going through. We lost our beautiful Panda 1 week ago today and I'm so lost/heartbroken. Find peace in knowing there is no suffering and we will see them all again someday.
Quote 0 0
chris7322
Sorry about Buddy, just seems to young for that. And not fair. An 8 year old lab in my book still is like a big puppy.
I just feel like I failed her by not seeing signs that something might be wrong. A lot of the signs I just attributed to her getting older. I just have a lot of guilt and anger right now. I have no desire to be around anyone or to do anything. I don't even want to try and feel happy about anything, it's just awful.
Quote 0 0
chris7322
And to everyone else on this post, I feel your pain and it's good to know there are people I can talk to that understand exactly how I feel.
Quote 0 0
Katel
Yes Chris we all do understand  and I am so sorry for the loss of your Biscuit. I feel your pain so
strongly.  You didn't fail her, it was clear that you loved her with all your heart and she
would have known it, that's all that matters.
Wishing you the healing and peace that time will bring.
Hugs

Kate 
Quote 0 0