Geeroo Show full post »
Geeroo
Dear Chloe,

It’s been almost a week. I still have the pix in house covered. I still miss you so very much. I’m feeling more at peace that you are not hurting anymore & our goodbye was so loving & peaceful. I still feel a hole. I’m very angsty & im going to try to distract myself. I can’t lay in the places you & I snuggled for hours. I love & miss you. I am dreading next week when I pick up your ashes. It’s gonna be so hard. Still waiting for some cards from my so called friends who knew how much I loved Chloe. Very surprised at the lack of support...
Quote 0 0
RileysMom
Hi Geeroo,

Just stopping by to check in on you... Hope you’re doing okay, all things considered. Sending some hugs and kind thoughts your way...
Val
—Loving Riley, Rosy & Axl always 🐾

Quote 0 0
Geeroo
Thank you for the check in. I’m hanging in. Just a huge loss still. I spoke with my friend tonight Bc I was thinking I could have held onto Chloe one more week, but she helped me see that that would be just for me & she was suffering. I also thought about I should have looked into blood transfusions, but that wouldn’t have made the tumor go away. Plus I didn’t want to always think of St. Pat’s Day as a sad day. That was the day I took Chloe home years ago. People move on. Not many people understood the special relationship I had with Chloe. I feel a bit void of purpose. Carli, the greyhound, is trying. She runs to me to my bed when I call for comfort in the mornings. She tries the best she can, but no one loved & comforted me like Chloe.
Quote 0 0
Geeroo
Today the vet contact me to let me know your ashes are ready to be picked up. I just can’t get myself to go to get you yet.... The pictures are still covered up. This is such a deep soul crushing loss with you gone.
Quote 0 0
Geeroo
My sister is so thoughtless. She’s been calling to check on me. I’ve been avoiding Bc I don’t need my grief to be criticized. She caught me this am. And what did she do? Criticize. Tell me I shd see my therapist to adjust to Chloe. This was the reason I was avoiding her! Top it off, she twists it to make it look like I’m the selfish one not accepting her “support.”
Quote 0 0
Geeroo
Well I’m beyond angry. Yesterday the vet sent a condolence card with all the signatures of the staff. One particular vet (the one who put Chloe down) called her the wrong f—/ing name! As this experience is hard enough as it is. Do I demand another card? I told a vet tech on FB who apologized. I kind of get the feeling that they are going to brush this off. I’m not sure how they make this right. Very, very careless. I shouldn’t feel guilty about complaining about such a stupid mistake!! It’s the awkward kind of thing that feels weird confronting, I’m considering switching vets. Seriously.
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Geroo, I'm so sorry for your loss of Chloe. I love all the pictures of her. She looks like a real character and a little love! 

I'm sorry, too that you don't have the 3D support you have needed and hoped for. It must be really hard to have a sister who doesn't understand at all. And sheesh, where was the vet's head?  These things add insult to injury. I wish things were different. 

Thinking of you today and wishing you comfort. Very much hoping days will start to get easier for you. I wish it didn't take so long to heal and that the pain wasn't so severe. It's really hard to bear. Best to you...
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Geeroo
Well, the vet called yesterday to apologize about the card faux pas. That’s all I needed. I took down some of the cards today. I put them in her box. This summer, I’m going to look at some more professional pic I took of her & get a couple to frame. One of her beautiful face & one of her spotted belly. I sleep with the blankets I cuddled her to a final sleep (yes, I washed them. They are her snuggling and they are so cozy. It gives me comfort to hold those. I miss her. Carli (dog) is trying to step up. Life has adjusted & moved on. I do have a twinge whenever I open the doors. I’ll miss her looking out the windows in the summer so much. I hear the birds starting to come out for spring & she would have loved them.
Quote 0 0
Geeroo
Dear Chloe,

I am missing you so much. I still snuggle with your blanket. It reminds me of you & gives me comfort. I take it when I watch tv. I curl it up like I used to do you when I go to bed. I find myself petting it. It’s as soft as your fur. I put it under the blankets & it reminds me when you snuggled & burrowed under the blankets. I am also wondering if I should have tried other treatments, like even hemp oil, like that guy walking the dog said. You were so beautiful, even at the end. Now it’s too late. I’m also so mad that I lost a previous phone wiith pictures of you dressed in your Bat girl costume. I pray some of my friends can find that picture. You loved dressing up. Such a diva! Unique in everyway. I just love & miss you. I’ll never find another like you. I’m so sorry.
Quote 0 0