Ceceliadempsey3
I just put down my Thatcher on Wednesday! He was a Labrador Newfoundland mix! He was 12 and suffered from seizures. He was suffering so in the last 2 weeks My heart is broken. Thatcher was my first dog or pet ever. I did a family member a favor 8!years ago to take him in for a short time while she was recovering from cancer and an abusive marriage . Well 2 weeks turned into 8 years. I had no idea the relationship one could have with a dog. All my friends had dogs or cats and I never understood. Well I certainly do now. I am so grateful to have had the experience of being a mother to my dog. It was difficult at first as he was food aggressive around people and other animals. I worked hard to help him. We did so much together long long walks trips to the lake ( though he would not swim he loved To run and play along the shore ) we found many regular dog friends and people who loved him too. I can’t believe how difficult this is. I can’t seem to stop crying and I am so depressed. I loved him so much and am grateful I could give him a nice life. But now it’s just awful! I guess over time the ache in my heart will go away. I say now I have a little freedom to travel and not worry about who would care for him. I am still grieving the loss of my mom who passed 3 months ago. But II will always have the great memories of the 2 I loved so deeply!
Thanks for listening
💔😢. Cecelia
Quote 0 0
Karap
Dear Cecilia,
I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my girl on Tuesday May 28. Try to find peace in your heart. I know it’s terribly painful. I cry everyday. We will see our dear beloved pets again. They are watching over us and our reunions will be bliss. Sending you hugs and hope!
XO
Quote 0 0
Ceceliadempsey3
Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. I am so sorry about the loss of your pet. As I look over the videos that I sent to my Thatcher’s vet. I know I made the right decision, though still very painful. Today I was able to view all my videos of Thatcher in when he was well. That sure warmed my heart ! I hope you find comfort with your happy memories!
Cecelia
Quote 0 0
CK1991
Dear Cecelia,
There is a saying that goes something like this. “Until one has loved an animal a part of their soul remains unawakened.” You’ve experienced that wonderful attachment that we all loved and miss so much. I’m sorry for your loss of Thatcher. I think you were meant to find each other. My sincere condolences on the loss of your mom too!
Give it time. It does get better. Now is the time to grieve your losses so don’t hold back. Let the tears flow and it will help your heart to heal.
Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
Ceceliadempsey3
Dear CK
I have been trying to reply to your kind message, but I am new to the site and was having trouble.  Thanks so much I loved your quote "Until one has loved an animal a part of their soul remains unawakened"   That is so, so true.  I think you were right Thatcher and I were meant to find each other.  Like you said, let the tears flow and they are.  I don't think I realized how much i really loved Thatcher, and just how much I would feel his loss.   I know sounds silly.  Sometimes i would complain I wish I never had the dog, I did not choose to have him, I was only doing my sister in law a favor, I can't go and come as I please, but you know what I always managed.   For all the grief i am feeling, I would do it all over again to be with Thatcher.  My day revolved around him for 8 years.  Was taking to my husband last night about how he was trying to prepare me in case we had to put Thatcher down.  You know he seemed so healthy if you saw him and he was not having a seizure that i guess i just could not believe he would ever be out of my life.  Im good at burying feelings (which is a bad thing)  Anyway each day comes and goes and I'm still feeling so down and sad.  Don;t get me wrong i have good moments, but out of nowhere the tears just come out.  When I first got Thatcher i was a drinker. I got thatcher in October and in February my dad passed and I was a mess.  But Thatcher was there for me.  He got me through the death of my dad. Then I realized that I was drinking too much so I got help and have not had a drink it will be 8 years June 19.  So he was always always there for me through major changes in my life.  Now i feel i need to make another change Im a retired teacher, Oh forgot to mention I retired a year after I got Thatcher.  I feel so lost without him.  I do have a husband lol, no kids just Thatcher like my child.    Anyway Im just rambling on, but CK  I want you to know I so appreciate your kind words and your quote lifted my spirits, I hope you are doing ok with all your losses. Thanks again and hugs right back at you!!!
 Cecelia
Quote 0 0
Josephine
Ceceliadempsey3 wrote:
I just put down my Thatcher on Wednesday! He was a Labrador Newfoundland mix! He was 12 and suffered from seizures. He was suffering so in the last 2 weeks My heart is broken. Thatcher was my first dog or pet ever. I did a family member a favor 8!years ago to take him in for a short time while she was recovering from cancer and an abusive marriage . Well 2 weeks turned into 8 years. I had no idea the relationship one could have with a dog. All my friends had dogs or cats and I never understood. Well I certainly do now. I am so grateful to have had the experience of being a mother to my dog. It was difficult at first as he was food aggressive around people and other animals. I worked hard to help him. We did so much together long long walks trips to the lake ( though he would not swim he loved To run and play along the shore ) we found many regular dog friends and people who loved him too. I can’t believe how difficult this is. I can’t seem to stop crying and I am so depressed. I loved him so much and am grateful I could give him a nice life. But now it’s just awful! I guess over time the ache in my heart will go away. I say now I have a little freedom to travel and not worry about who would care for him. I am still grieving the loss of my mom who passed 3 months ago. But II will always have the great memories of the 2 I loved so deeply!
Thanks for listening
💔😢. Cecelia

Quote 0 0
Josephine
So sorry for your loss. He looks so handsome in picture. I’m still struggling with my dog sandy passed in April. 😢. I have so many fond memories as I’m sure you to have to treasure. But I soooo miss our cuddles. And walks. R.I.P.
hopefully you gave friends and family to chat to about your loss and it will also help.
🤗🤗
Quote 0 0
Rosanne777
Gratefully, we have this forum as
to share our grief with one another..

Thanking everyone here for all the
kindness that you have shown to
others whom are suffering from
having lost thier precious pets
too.

g

gr
Quote 0 0
zahavah
Dear Cecelia

I am so heartbroken for you, I know the pain all too well and I would not wish it upon an enemy. Every day will get a little bit easier, and you will always have wonderful memories to cherish. You are so lucky you had Thatcher for such a long amazing life! I would have given anything to have more days, months or years with my baby.Please reach out if you ever need to vent or talk, we can all help each other and we can all get trough this.
Hugs-
Allie
Your Friend,
Ali
Quote 0 0
Ceceliadempsey3
Thanks so much Allie for your kind words.
I really appreciate it.
Cecelia
Quote 0 0