Kalford94
Yoda, my cat, crossed the rainbow bridge Saturday Oct 8,2016. He was part of my daily routine. Every morning I fed him and gave him love and he loved me back. His death was sudden and my wife blames herself for it. Yoda had gotten underneath our niece's truck and I asked my wife to please make sure he was safe before my niece left that evening. He apparently was in a deep sleep when she looked and called for him. When I returned home from work the following morning, I found him dead on the road not far from our house. I've not slept well ever since and the image of him lying lifeless on the edge of the road will not leave my mind. I know it will get better, but it's very hard.
Quote 0 0
Lostwithout1
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my cat 7 days ago. And like you, I am having a hard time not remembering what she looked like the last time I saw her. That part is so painful. They say it gets easier. Sure would love to be able to think about her without crying. I hope you and your wife get there soon too.
Quote 0 0
slink19
I am sorry and wanted to give you my sympathy and let you know you are not alone. I had to have my cat, Ollie, put to sleep this past Sunday. It was sudden and unexpected - he was on the losing end of a fight with a feral tom cat. His wounds become infected and he did not survive. He suffered immensely and I too have an unpleasant vision of my last time with him. I miss the everyday little things - he followed me around from room to room, talked to me, and was just a funny little guy and a joy. My heart aches with sadness. I know it will pass and lessen with time, but it hurts right now. So, sorry for your loss, and thank you for letting me tell mine. I wish you peace.
Quote 0 0
Lostwithout1
It is the little things that are now setting me off. Like feeding the dogs and realizing she's not waiting there to be fed. Or going into my office and she is not waiting for me sitting at my desk chair. I know they say we will get better and I believe it's true. But it sure is painful right now. Some days you feel like "oh I'm doing better today" then an hour later you're sobbing again.

I hope for all of us that we are able to spend more time each day thinking happy thoughts about the wonderful times we were able to spend with them. Really nothing compares to that.
Quote 0 0
hols
I am sorry for all  your losses I lost my cat last week.  All of sudden the vet said he had fluid in his lungs...  I miss the smell of him sounds weird and the cuddles...
Quote 0 0
Kalford94
Thank you everyone. My prayers go to each of you. My Yoda was a part of my family and was deeply loved. Today I found myself going through my phone and finding pictures I have taken and trying to get that sad image out. I think seeing him in the happy moments has really helped.
Quote 0 0
Kalford94
I've been out of town at work pretty much ever since Yoda died. I went back to the spot along the road and found his little yellow collar. It hurts really bad to see it. It is a definite and perminent fact....he is not gonna just jump out of the bushes or be laying in the grass waiting for me to pick him up and get my hugs.
Quote 0 0
westdenali
so tragic. so sorry. it will be very hard for you. to me it is always harder when it is tragic. and with you finding her like that is a memory that may take longer to deal with. when you think about it, quickly focus on the good times. try not to think of the way she died. although 33 years later I still vividly remember finding my dog on the side of the road. find ways to celebrate her life. and go ahead and cry and grieve. it will help.
Quote 0 0
Lostwithout1
It's been a week for me and I am finally starting to not see  the image of her in the vet hospital every time i think of her. I changed my screensaver on my phone and iPad to one that perfectly captures her little personality. I love to stare at it. Pain is still there and every morning is just awful, but it's nice to see her little face. I hope you can begin to see the version of Yoda that he'd want you to remember. 
Quote 0 0
Kalford94
Well, today is aweek for me also. The horrible image is slowly fading. I can actually talk about him without getting upset. The wierd thing is....my niece is the person that brought Yoda to us when he was a kitten and she was the one who took him. I guess it was his fate.
Quote 0 0