cat_owner14
I lost my cat on 3/8/2020 and i have been struggling with the loss all week, I come home and miss him so much. All of his things are still on the floor. How long will it take to feel normal again. 20200308_140118.jpg
David
Quote 3 0
Anitha
I am sorry. I was told it will be easier as the days go by. Honestly for me I feel its harder as the days go by. My kittys cans of food still lying on the floor.
I see her everywhere. Miss her jumping on my bed to lie beside me. I understand how you feel. I still talk and sing to my kitty as it helps me cope with my pain. Hope you feel better soon. Huggs

Anitha
Nita
Quote 1 0
Buddy_Mama
Hi David. Your kitty was so beautiful! What was his name? I’m so sorry for your loss, and I know exactly how you feel; I lost my Buddy a day before you lost your kitty. There’s no timetable for grief. It can take weeks or months to start to feel “normal” again, but as you said in a comment on Nita’s post, it’s a new normal. We just gradually learn to cope with our loss. I just read somewhere that you don’t “get over” a profound loss, you get through it. I hope that being here will help you get through it. It’s helping me. Sending you hugs...
Cindy (Buddy’s mama)
My baby Buddy 5/4/10-3/7/20, rescued March 2011
My sweet Mandy 11/27/91-11/2/10, rescued November 1992
My beautiful Barney 4/28/73-9/7/92, adopted May 1973
Quote 1 0
LureeL
I lost my precious Buster, who was 10, on 3-10-20, sudden death, very unexpected and I've been numb every since. I'm disabled and he was my sole companion, my friend, my baby. My hubby still works so I'm home a lot. I lost my other dog in 2010 and only waited 6 mo this before I got Buster and now his death has left me lost. We had a daily routine we followed and now I don't know what to do with myself. He wasn't sick, I took him to the vet Monday becausehe was wheezing a bit, and at 1:45am Tues he was gone after rushing him to the ER vet. She said he had blood in his belly, saw a growth on his spleen and the spleen ruptured, I mean how does this happen?? He was fine all weekend, playing, chasing squirrels, cuddling with me, I'm just in shock and can't stop crying. I want to get another cocker, Buster was my 3rd one, but then I'm not sure, I just feel I can't be alone without a furbaby to keep me company. I don't know what to do. 😭😭
Quote 1 0
Buddy_Mama
Hi Luree. I’m so very sorry about your Buster. I share your feelings of pain and unspeakable loss. I’ve been in shock and nonstop crying all week too.

I lost my sweet Buddy a week ago tonight, under similar circumstances. He had been mildly sick for a few weeks with gurgle/raspy breathing. The vet thought it was a respiratory infection and prescribed antibiotics, but they didn’t help, so she figured it was feline asthma, and I had just started him on prednisolone. During his last week he wasn’t eating much, even though he seemed hungry and wanted to eat, and was sleeping more, but there was nothing to indicate we might lose him. Then last Saturday night his breathing sounded worse, and we decided to bring him to the ER vet. He apparently had a fatal blood clot on the way.

So I understand what you’ve gone through. Both of our babies left us suddenly, without warning, and we had no time to prepare. It’s terribly traumatic and takes a toll on us physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Although I’m not disabled, I work from home, so I’m in my house all the time... and I too spent all day, every day with my fur baby. We had a special, deep bond. And my house too feels quiet, empty, lonely.

I hope you will keep posting here. It has helped me find some comfort in this unbearable grief. Sending you hugs...
Cindy (Buddy’s mama)
My baby Buddy 5/4/10-3/7/20, rescued March 2011
My sweet Mandy 11/27/91-11/2/10, rescued November 1992
My beautiful Barney 4/28/73-9/7/92, adopted May 1973
Quote 1 0
Kristie777
I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my dog 3/5 and it’s been so hard. So far it’s not getting easier but maybe in time it will. I’m trying to picture him free of pain. I just miss him so much. 
Kristie
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade
Dear David,

I am very sorry to read of your recent loss. It is obvious how much you loved, cherished and adored your cat. 

I lost my own cat Marmalade, 10 months ago tomorrow. I am doing better but every now and then I go back into deep grief. At times even becoming teary eyed. Like you I loved and adored my boy. 

They say grief impacts each of us differently and comes in waves like the tides of an ocean. At times gathering around our feet, then our knees, then our waist, then our chest and at times up to our necks and even over our heads, which can drag us under. We just need to breath and at times hold our breaths and wait for those overwhelming moments to pass. I am living proof that they do pass. 

2 months after "Marmalade" was put down, due to health problems, my path crossed with a feral Tuxedo cat who could be your cats brother, they look so similar. I named him "KID" after the classic Charlie Chaplin silent movie which is about an orphan and because "KID" has a Chaplin-esque mustache. He had been attacked by either a coyote or a pitt-bull named "Cinnamon" who lived in the adjacent backyard that "KID" had been hanging out in front of. "KID" had to have surgical staples placed for his injury.

Tuxedo cats are known to be highly intelligent and "magical." 

I had planned on only fostering "KID" but he stole my heart right away and now he is my boy. He has brought love, joy and light back into my life. I can not imagine him being still out on the street and what fate might have awaited him had I not adopted him when I did. I had swore I would never, not ever have a pet again I was so devistated. But each day KID makes me smile, laugh and warms my heart. He is not only my son now, he is my best friend, as my "Marmalade" once was.

I hope you continue to travel through time and heal. And that someday soon, all that comes to mind when you think of your buddy are the good memories that you both shared together. I am glad that your cat met you and knew such great love, compassion, empathy and kindness.

My kindest regards & sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 1 0
cat_owner14
I would like to thank everyone for your kinds words, as we mourn the loss of our family member. I wish the best for all of you.
David
Quote 0 0
lili_c1010
i know how u  feel. i lost mine (shih tzu)10 days ago . i don't know what to say to make u feel better as this is a real painful moment. i tried too to remember the moments i had with her. it helped at times but certain moments were heartbreaking .pls share ur stories. we are all here n hopefully we can all get through this together
take care 

Li Li- Cookie's mummy 
Quote 0 0
Bigcatsdad
David,
I'm so sorry for the loss of your cat, he was a handsome guy.
I feel your pain. Six weeks ago we made the painful decision to end the suffering of my big black cat, my buddy Albert, he was 16. I'm still heart broken, the house just is not the same without him, so quiet. It's just so hard to let them go. I had his half eaten food on his plate in the fridge for over a week before I could bring myself to clean it out and I cried when i did. His tins of food were in the fridge for another 2 weeks before I could clean those out as well. I left his blanket on the couch in his favorite sleeping spot, I haven't washed it and probably wont for a long time. I place the little cedar box with his ashes there during the day when I'm gone. It has slowly gotten a little better but coming home I open the door and he's is not there to jump off his favorite spot and welcome me home as he always did. It always brings tears to my eyes. I don't know how long it will take for my heart to heal somewhat. I will have some good days and then a few real bad ones mixed in. I try to remember the good and fun times I had with him and the good life and loving home we gave him. Hopefully you can find even a little bit of comfort in this as well during this time of such pain.
My deepest condolences.
And for the rest of you in this post going through such sadness, my heart goes out to you as well. 
Bigcatsdad
Quote 0 0