Heartbroken73
On wed afternoon I said goodbye to my beautiful Labrador retriever Jazz..Over the years it became jazzy and my ole man and my gentle giant and big black bear but most referred was my jazzy boy..13 yrs building something precious an unbreakable bond ended in hours..I'm so hurt and lost without him and those beautiful sad eyes staring back at me like his day began when mine did.. I don't know what to do so thought I'd try to come here and express what I feel just heartbroken and feel unworthy of all he gave..
George king
Quote 0 0
RemysMom
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I Know the excruciating pain since I lost my 10 y/o Golden on Tuesday night. Try to take comfort in knowing that he knew that you loved him and that you gave him everything. We would not grieve so hard if we weren’t so in love with our fur babies. Try not to be so hard on yourself. Sending you a virtual hug. 
My most beautiful Golden Retriever Remy: 8/1/09-3/17/2020. 
Quote 0 0
Molly4always
I am so sorry about Jazz.  I, too, feel so unworthy of the love my sweet kitty gave me.  When they’re suddenly gone after so many years, it’s so very hard.  Everything changes in an instant.  But that unbreakable bond will never end, he will always be in your heart. And you will always be in his.
Quote 0 0
Heartbroken73
Thanks Molly for your kind thoughts and sorry for your loss as well..I feel as if a piece of me is missing and the ending to such a beautiful book ended without closure or at least the kind of closure that I wanted for him.Feel guilty that I didn't see signs of cancer I feel angry for my baby like I failed him.. Just heartbroken
George king
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
I’m very sorry about Jazzy.  What a beautiful name.  I’m sure he was a handsome boy.  Losing these precious pets is brutal to say the least.  Still grieving my girl Lily, who passed in October. We found out I. July she had cancer.   It does get better but I am still missing her so much.  I still have days I’m sad or cry.  You grieve as long as you can.  This community has helped me tremendously and have met so many caring people here.  We are in the same boat unfortunately.  When the time is right, please post a photo of Jazzy.
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
Pennysforevermom
I'm so sorry to hear about Jazzy. Our pets are a wonderful gift from God who gives us a lifetime of unconditional love, companionship and loyalty. I wish they could live forever. I know how you feel. I lost my baby on Saturday night. This is really hard.
Quote 0 0
Heartbroken73
Its been terrible he suffered another bad injury and I didn't get a chance to say goodbye.. I consoled him he was scared and on medication and I cried as I let him go but never the goodbye I so feel as if there was no closure  
George king
Quote 0 0
Buddy_Mama
I know only too well that feeling of not being able to say goodbye, and not having closure. It hurts so, so much. When something happens to our babies suddenly, and then they’re gone before we can even process what’s happening, it’s a terrible shock to our system. I couldn’t even hold my Buddy in my arms when he passed; we were in the car racing to the vet hospital, with him in his carrier. I ran inside and handed the carrier to the staff, and within minutes they told me he was gone. The worst moment of my life, tied with getting the phone call from my sister that my dad had died. I’m still trying to process Buddy’s loss and it’s slow going. I have no magic words for coping, other than please be sure you’re eating right and getting rest. It’s one hard day at a time. Hugs...
Cindy (Buddy’s mama)
My baby Buddy 5/4/10-3/7/20, rescued March 2011
My sweet Mandy 11/27/91-11/2/10, rescued November 1992
My beautiful Barney 4/28/73-9/7/92, adopted May 1973
Quote 0 0
Heartbroken73
Thank you for your thoughts Cindy and I am so sorry for your loss..we share the same helpless feeling and loss of any goodbye time which makes the guilt even more unbearable then it would already be no matter if trying to prepare..I do wish that I was given that time to spoil and not put so many life things ahead of him.. Cause he was the biggest and best part of my life that I always could depend on..it saddens me that I can even think of failure with him when he never failed me or to make me feel better sometimes in just being there and others in forcing me outside to walk him where I wouldn't of left and grew more depressed or just his head on my lap snoring as I watched TV or sulked during tough times..appreciate your reply and kind words I am here for you as well and prob always will be cause I know his loss will never fade for me.. People refer to heart dogs and he was but he was my life dog too..thanks again
George king
Quote 1 0