Sissy_Blakes_mom
Today my Sissy woke me up coughing. I called the
Vet and he had me give her benadryl. Well two hours later she was worse. My husband and I rushed her to the vets. She had developed congestive heart failure. She went into respiratory distress then failure. She died in 15 minutes after getting to vets. My heart is crushed. She took part of my heart with her. She was 16 years. But she slept with momma and daddy and was active to the day before she left for the other side of the rainbow bridge
She was is and will be my little girl my furbaby my confidant forevermore
Quote 0 0
maggiesdad
My deepest sympathy for you and your loss.  I'm Maggie's Dad, and I just joined this forum to help me with the loss of our 16 year old Maggie, who went by a very slow failure of her heart.  The grief continues for me as well, as Maggie left us on August 14.  I tried denying my grief, but have come to the realization that I must grieve, and feel the loss of the one who touched me as no other animal has ever touched me.  I pray for your healing throughout this loss, as I know it is real and deep.
Maggie's Dad
Quote 0 0
Maxs_Daddy1
I just lost Max Friday, Maggie's Dad. Your words have helped me know it's OK to be so sad. 

Thank you. 
I am the very proud father of Maximus, a black and white rat terrier. My beautiful boy left this world September 5, 2014.
Quote 0 0
Charliesmommy
I am so sorry.  Its so hard to say goodbye because they occupy such big spaces in our hearts.

I said goodbye to my Charlie cat on Thursday and I cry a little or a lot every day.  This forum is a good place to come to say what you want to say, what you need to say, and where others understand the depth of your grief.

Hugs,
Tammy
Quote 0 0
maggiesdad
Maxs_Daddy1 wrote:
I just lost Max Friday, Maggie's Dad. Your words have helped me know it's OK to be so sad. 

Thank you. 
Maggie's Dad
Quote 0 0
maggiesdad
I am so glad I did something to help another on this forum with the grief you may be experiencing, and your reply even helped me.  Our feelings can often take control, but with support for each other, we will pass through this journey, just as our loved ones gave us love and support.
Maggie's Dad
Quote 0 0
heartsick

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet precious Sissy.

The beginning raw searing pain of new grief is just awful.

They take a piece of us when they go,

But they leave a piece of them with us also.

Grief is awful and there is nothing else like this pain.

I am divorced - when I was married I buried my son- at that time I became a Certified Grief Counselor- I used the same graveside service for my Bear as I did for my son.

Please know that when we lose someone we love we don't stop loving them -

LOVE NEVER DIES.

The soul bound connection that is between our babies and ourselves is forever.

Nothing - not death- tears -grief - or sadness will ever break the ties between us for those ties are made of LOVE so strong that NOTHING will ever sever those connections.

LOVE NEVER DIES.

When we grieve for those we love it is because we do not quite know how to live without them. We breathe because we have no choice but the living part takes a huge amount of learning and time.

Grief is not something we get over but something that we learn -slowly- over time- to incorporate into our lives until it becomes a part of us like our bones and our breath.

Please know that we all understand here and we are all here for you.

Please come back and tell us more about your life with your beautiful baby so we can get to know her better through you.

We are all in this together and all walking the same roller coaster path of grief together -

some a bit ahead of you, some by your side, and some will come behind for you to help along.

If you read the beginning of any one of our threads you will see yourself. I, literally, walked in circles wringing my hands. My chest constantly hurt as I was unknowingly holding my breath.

You Are In My Thoughts.                                       

Susan(heartsick)

In one of the stars, I shall be living.

In one of them, I shall be laughing.

And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.

~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Quote 0 0
heartsick

I Am Not There

By Mary Elizabeth Frye (1905-2004)

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there. I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn's rain.

When you awaken in the morning's hush,

I am the swift uplifting rush

of quiet birds in circled flight.

I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,

I am not there, I did not die.

Quote 0 0