jesien24
We had Kiki for 10 1/2 years. And had to put her down to do health reasons. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. Now I am 2nd guessing myself , but her quality of health would have not been the same. Without running more tests the dr didnt really know what was wrong. We miss her so much! And this is so hard... it is the first time my son had to deal with death. Part of me wants another kitty "someday"  but I know now is not the time. I get her ashes back monday. There are times of the day I think she is still here. I sometimes look and think she is there, but she is not.When will all this get better. There are times of the day when my son and myself just start crying. we try to talk about  the things she did to make us laugh. I wish I could go back to last week this time and she would still be here. I  received a nice card from the vet. Kiki had surgery last year for a mass on her anal gland. And this year was diagnosed with diabetes. I didnt have the mass sent out to see if it was cancer. The vet told me Kiki was in alot of pain and without doing test there was no way to know what exactly was wrong. I couldnt see her in pain, so we had her put down. The past few days before that happened she wasnt acting like herself. She acted like she was scared. This is so hard loosing a pet. They are a part of your family it is like loosing a human family member. She was my baby girl. I only have one child and he is 13. I do not know who is taking this worse... him or I. We got Kiki when she was 5 weeks old and Brandon was 1 1/2 yrs old.
Sandy

Quote 0 0
Woodypatty
I am so sorry for your loss of Kiki. The first weeks are so hard and it feels like it will never get better. It does but it is slow and I don't think we ever get over the loss just get use to living without our dear ones.My son though older mourned the loss of our dear Raven and I feel for your son it must be so hard for him as well as you. Writing on this site has helped me and I hope it does you as well. My thoughts will be with you. 
                                                                                            Patty
Quote 0 0
Domina
Dear Sandy,
I am so sorry about the loss of your beloved Kiki. Please don't second guess yourself. You did what you believed to be the best thing for your baby. It takes a lot of courage to let our pets go. I was forced to make the same decision on February 1st. and it was heartbreaking. I understand what your going through. It takes time. We grieve for them as we would for any family member. Coming to this site helped me. There is always someone here who can offer support and comfort. Please know I am thinking of you!
Maria

Quote 0 0
jesien24
Thank you everyone. It is so very hard to come home and not see her waiting for us. the crying as stopped for a bit, then certain things make me and my son cry. Even tho he is 13 they grew up together. My husband didnt feel like i did, even tho he did cry when we put her down. But he doesnt understand how we feel. I told him today my heart aches, and I miss her sooo much. There is a hole in my heart. I really do not feel like eating. I think monday will be the hardest day for me since I will be off from work and noone will be home and it is the day her ashes will in @ the vet.
Sandy

Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Dear Sandy,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.  Your son is a lucky guy to have a mom who truly understands the scope of the loss of our best friends, and who encourages him to talk about his feelings.  What a gift you are giving him!

You made the right decision for your beloved Kiki. I know how terrible it feels, but it really is the greatest gift of love in the world.  You ended her suffering knowing your own suffering would just begin.  No matter how prepared we are to say farewell, we can never be truly prepared for the emptiness and sorrow we feel when they are gone from our sight.  My heart goes out to you and your son as you find your path to healing. It can be a roller coaster of one step forward, one step back for a while, but in time, the sharp ache begins to fade and the gratitude of having known such perfect friendship begins to win the battle.

You, your son, and your Angel Kiki are in my thought and prayers.  I have sent a message to my Bridge Kitties; Bingo (aka: King Bing, The God Cat), Buddy (aka: Screamer) and T.J. (aka: The Heart of My Heart) to welcome Kiki to their new realm of absolutely perfection and to help her visit you to let you know that she is always with you, tucked into your hearts forever.

xoxoxo
Susie

My heart is battered and bruised, but I will not let it break. It holds such precious cargo, I must protect it now. (Susie Squillions)

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Quote 0 0
creampuff
Dear Sandy,
I am so sorry for your loss of Kiki.  It's so heartbreaking to make the decision to let our little furry soulmates go to the rainbow meadow but we have to do it when it's their time to go.  They seem to know the timing better than we do and they seem to be at peace with it.  I truly believe that they know that they are going to a beautiful place where there will be no illness or pain anymore.  We, of course, are left grieving and lonely.  You are feeling exactly as I felt a few weeks ago.  I would never have believed it then, but it does get easier as time goes by.  You, your husband and your son gave Kiki a wonderful home, took excellent care of her, gave her the best life any purrbaby could want.  She is your little purrangel now and you will see her again someday.  And yes, Monday may be a tough day for you, being home alone in an empty house without your little Kiki.  I've been through that, and cried all day.  Just know that there are many people here at this site that care about you and understand the depth of your loss.  We are here for you.   Jane
Quote 0 0
creampuff
Hi, Sandy,
It's Monday and I am thinking about you.  I wish you comfort and peace on this difficult day.  I am home by myself today, too, and just visited my babies' rainbow residence.  Of course, I have tears in my eyes now!  I'm sure that my Inky and Bubba Lou are now good friends with your Kiki and they're all having a wonderful time in that heavenly meadow.  You and I, and many others at this site, just have to remember that our little departed ones are furangels now, watching over us and waiting for the day when we'll see them again.   Blessings to you and your son today.  Jane
Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions
Dear Sandy:

Please look for a post titled "'The Dragonfly'  A parable."  I just bumped the thread to the first page so you can find it easily. It was written to help to explain death to young children, so I wanted to be sure you would see it.  I hope it will bring comfort to you and your son.

xoxoxo
Susie

In one of the stars, I shall be living. In one of them, I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night. -- The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery

All tears are healing tears.  They help to wash away our sorrow and allow the first buds of happiness to blossom in our hearts. -- Susie "Squillions"

.T.J.'S RESIDENCY: http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm
.BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY: http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM
.KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY: http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm
A fresh start after 947 posts. March 7th, 2011. I've been coming to this wonderful site since April 6, 2004.
Quote 0 0
jesien24
Thank you all for your kind words. I called the vet and Kiki's ashes will not be here until thurs because of the weather. Kiki was from a mom who was a stray. She was one of 5 I believe. Her one sister went to a home and the others got away. I a m not sure whatever happened to them or their mom. I told my husband he has to understand this is like loosing a human family member. That it hurts just as bad. He thinks Kiki is still here in spirit. Some days there are certain things that happen that normally do not. Today was not as bad as I thought, but then again, ,my son was home because we got snow and there was no school. Some people may think I am loosing my mind. My son had made Kiki a facebook page a few months ago, and when I find pics of her I will add them. I have a pic of her on my cell and now where my tv is and also she is my screen saver. The days are getting easier, but my heart is empty and misses her so very much.
Sandy

Quote 0 0
Susie_Squillions

In one of the stars, I shall be living. In one of them, I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night. -- The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery

All tears are healing tears.  They help to wash away our sorrow and allow the first buds of happiness to blossom in our hearts. -- Susie "Squillions"

.T.J.'S RESIDENCY: http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm
.BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY: http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM
.KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY: http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm
A fresh start after 947 posts. March 7th, 2011. I've been coming to this wonderful site since April 6, 2004.
Quote 0 0