AshleyBrooke
I just keep replaying the last 8 days in my head and wondering what else I could have done to save my year and half old baby Oreo, who had cerebellum hypoplasia, that passed away from ARDS. I keep blaming myself that I couldn't catch it earlier, like did he have pneumonia that I couldn't catch the signs of? It all happened so sudden I took him to the vet as soon as I knew he wasn't right. I keep telling myself I wish I could have saved him and this is a horrible feeling in my heart...
Quote 0 0
camunki
Ashley, i am so sorry about your Oreo....and only being one and 1/2 y/o that is so young and I am sure it hurts alot more being that young.

Please do not let guilt consume you, you are a great mom cuz you took your Oreo to the vet as soon as you knew something was wrong.....even if you did take him to the vet a few days earlier, you never know what the vet may have said, your Oreo could have been fine. Sometimes with illnesses and sickness in pets it can come on so quick so fast so soon, we have no time to catch what is wrong.

8 days is still fresh, new and raw.....and your Oreo still loves you, he is your angel from above.

Please keep coming back and posting it truly helps!

Cam

Quote 0 0
AshleyBrooke
Thank you for those words...I will keep coming back. I had to let him go last night so today has been really really hard. Find myself just breaking down and crying. I just wish I could have done more or found out earlier.
Quote 0 0
Lostwithout1
Don't blame yourself. It's not much consolation, but these things do happen. I lost my 12 year old cat 21 days ago suddenly. I too, keep thinking I should have known something was wrong. I was with her all the time .. how could I not notice? I feel like I failed her. And like your cat, it all happened so fast. This is a painful, sad process but something we can't escape. I found this forum when my baby died and it's been helpful. I hope it will be for you too. Even with support at home, it's nice to have another place to release your sadness.

Best wishes.
Quote 0 0
AshleyBrooke
Lostwithout1 I am so sorry to hear about your cat. It's crazy how a cats health can take a turn for the worse so quick without enough time for us to react. Especially if we are with them everyday and would think we can see the slightest change in behavior. The day before Oreo took a turn for the worse he was running around the house!! I am hopeful that forum will be a support for me through this as well as many other of us, it's nice to know hat we aren't alone.
Quote 0 0