Nate Show full post »
Nate
Today was the first day since Friday when Domino passed that I've been able to contain myself and not cry (or at least yet). I can tell it's truly made me depressed because I've had no energy since then and don't feel like doing anything. Hoping the days will get better because this is hard.
Quote 0 0
EnchantingCat
Nate, 

Domino is sure a handsome guy. I am so very sorry for your loss. 

We found out this weekend our 16 year old black and white kitty had inoperable cancer; we decided to release him yesterday. It was SOOO hard. The emotions make me feel like I am going to burst.  

I try to take peace, knowing we have a great love between us, knowing how lucky we both are to have had each other. 

I love that Domino played "Monopoly," that is so cool.

healing thoughts,
Chelle 
Quote 0 0
Nate
This is the last picture I ever took of Domino and my other cat Brutus before Domino passed.

Quote 0 0
Onetak
Nate, I know exactly how you feel. My baby passed away yesterday and I have been continuously crying . I look at his favorite areas in our home wishing he would be there. My wife also has been crying since yesterday and it doesn't help with me been depressed. I couldn't sleep last night and started calling out his name "Simba" around the house wishing I could see him again. Am I crazy ??
Mark
Quote 0 0
Nate
I don't think you're crazy at all. I still look around every day waiting for Domino to come walking around a corner or when I walk in the door to greet me.

Tomorrow is one week since he passed and it still feels like it was yesterday. My heart has had this weird numb/tingling feeling it in ever since and I know it's the grief.

I know he loved me to the very end as much as I loved him and it's hard to see a pet go after having them for so many years.

When I first adopted Domino as a kitten, I took him out of the cage and he "kissed" me on the cheek and I knew instantly I made the right decision.

My head has been in a constant whirlwind ever since Friday. I haven't been able to think straight, all I think about is him.
Quote 0 0
Nate
This past Friday was a week since Domino passed away. It was really hard on me and my heart still feels like it was ripped from my chest. I'm trying to move on without him the best I can. I still have my 15 year old black cat Brutus alive but when we adopted him, the animal hospital we got him from had taken him from being a stray cat and so he's not real friendly although I can tell he misses Domino too because he's been doing a whiney meow lately looking for him.

Well just last night I had a friend tell me he had 4 kittens that were ready to be adopted and I asked what colors he had and sure enough, he had a black and white one like Domino (although not exactly like him, this one has more black on him than Domino did) but with Brutus not being a very friendly cat, I couldn't deal with the loss of Domino because I pretty much feel alone. So last night, I had my friend bring me the black and white kitten and with this being a new place, he's been frightened the whole time so far and hiding under my bed.

Eventually when he warms up to me and starts coming out more, I will post pictures of my wonderful new addition.
Quote 0 0
Nate
So yesterday was 2 weeks since Domino passed away and I couldn't bear not having him so I went to the local humane society and adopted this sweet little boy. His name is Harvey, he's 2 months old and is such a sweetheart.
Quote 0 0
Nate
Found this poem so I thought I would share it.

Quote 0 0
Heathernicole17025
What a beautiful boy!! I am sorry for you loss... I know first hand how awful it is. It's been 46 days since I lost my Ralph... he was 19 and I am still struggling. I have some good days and things are looking up... then I have bad days and it seems like it's happening all over again. 

I wish there was an easy fix for this and to make peace for us come quicker but I don't think that will happen.  Hopefully someday... I won't lose hope yet.

Thinking of you Nate
Heather
Heather Johnson
Quote 0 0
jphovercraft
That's beautiful, Nate. Thank you for sharing. I'm sorry it's taken me so long, but let me add my condolences to those already here. I understand ... I'm coming up on the 2nd anniversary of the loss of my Miles the Wonder Cat ... the feelings you describe are so very familiar ...

You and Domino will be in my thoughts ... I hope it helps ...
"There is no such thing as 'just a cat'." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me." - Kermit the Frog

"I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil." - Gandalf
Quote 0 0
Nate
Thank you everyone. Sorry I haven't responded lately. My little Harvey has been a handful with him being a kitten. I had Domino so long that I was young too when I first got him so I had forgotten what a kitten was like. I think Harvey knows my sadness over Domino (even though they never met) because whenever I'm sad (which is a lot) he'll come and jump on my shoulders when I'm sitting down and he'll put his head on my shoulder and stretch out across them.

This coming Friday will be exactly one month since Domino left me so I know Friday will be a lot harder on me than most days. As a way to remember Domino, I included a piece of clay I bought and put his paw prints in it and when it dries completely, I'm going to paint his name on it. I thought about using it as a grave marker and putting it where it was buried, but I figured with it being clay, whenever it rains it would just mess it up, so I just keep it inside with me.

Quote 0 0
Nate
Just a few days ago, I finally had Domino come visit me in my dreams. It was only for a few seconds but he was running around playing. Even though it was short amount of time, I'm so glad to have experienced it. I woke up a few minutes later and had a tear rolling down my eye even before I actually opened my eyes.
Quote 0 0