Eddiebenson
Had to put my beloved best friend Benson down this morning and feel like my hear has been torn out! I keep waiting for him to walk out! Just want it to be a bad dream
Quote 0 0
MuchasMom
I am so sorry for the loss of your Benson. I know just how you feel about wanting it to all be a bad dream. I wished for that so much after I had to put my cat Mucha to sleep. That was over 3 months ago now, and while it still hurts, and I miss him so much, it is getting easier to cope. This forum has been very helpful to me, and I hope it helps you too. Some people share a photo of their pet, or a favorite story of their time together, and in that way share their memory so they are never forgotten. All my sympathy to you, and wishing your broken heart some peace and comfort.
Quote 0 0
AliceM
Eddiebenson, I am so sorry for your loss and the pain you are going through.  It is devastating to lose our babies.  I lost my girl 8 days ago and I keep hoping to wake up and find that this has all been a horrible dream.  You will find so many kind people on this forum who offer amazing support. Hopefully, in time your pain will begin to ease.
Quote 0 0
BSmith1199
I am day 3 into my loss of my best friend.  It gets better.  It hurts like heck, but it does get better.  Hang in there.  One day you will be able to recall memories about Benson and smile.  I know I am looking forward to that day about my furball.
Smokey (1959-1959, car), Prissy (1966-1968, car), Tina (1955-1974, old age), Rags (1976-1980, stolen), Dax (1999-2015, my choice, due to renal failure), Shelby & Jag (2015)

You only think you are training them.  When they are gone, you finally get it.
Quote 0 0
Kittypup
I remember how much I slept in the 1st week after my dog died. Every time I wake & remember she's gone, I'd want to go back to sleep hoping it IS just a bad dream & next time I awake, she'll be propped up on the bed waiting for me to get up. But I'd wake up & she'd still be gone. And I'd start crying again.

These next few days will be very hard, Eddiebenson. Know that you have everybody in this forum supporting you. Everyone has a kind word to comfort you, even in our grief, because everyone recognizes your pain. *HUG*
Quote 0 0