Vicky101
I just had to put My cat Dani to sleep this morning. She had been suffering with cancer. I've tried to prepare myself for this day..but I just can't stop crying for long
Quote 0 0
Mysweetsimba
Oh no I am so sorry to hear. My Simba also went with Cancer. I don't know for sure which one it was I think it's lymphoma, we found on the Monday and Thursday night we rushed him in to emergency, and had to put him to sleep in the early hours of Friday morning.
What happened to Dani? How long have you known and suffered this knowledge?
Quote 0 0
Vicky101
I'm sorry about your loss also.dani was diagnosed with lymphoma at the end of may..medication helped her for a short time
Quote 0 0
jimg02
I am very sorry for your loss.  We had to recently put down Moon, the cat we had for almost 18 years. It is hard.  My heart goes out to you.
Quote 0 0
Vicky101
I am sorry for your loss..it helps me a little when I remind myself that my Dani girl is resting now with no more pain
Quote 0 0
anang
Vicky, it's ok to let yourself cry. You lost your beloved Dani and you must let yourself grieve. Nothing will ever change the love, safety, and happiness that you provided Dani throughout the years. You gave Dani a wonderful life and nothing will ever change that.
Warm regards,
Katie
K. Unger
Quote 0 0
Vicky101
Thank you Katie for your support..i am fortunate that I still have 2 other cats ginger and tae..even they can't replace my dani..they are very loving and I think that my beloved Dan's spirit may be showing through my cat tae
Quote 0 0
anang
Vicky, I believe that animals carry positive energy and can give you signs in special ways. Tae might be channeling energy from Dani to let you know that he is in a happy place and loves you.

When I went to the gym the other day, I was thinking about my Ana Ng and all of the sudden this love bug appeared on the outside window. I watched it carefully and I felt like it was giving me positive energy from my Ana Ng.

I know that this might sound hokey, and that's ok. Everyone can chose to believe in whatever gives them happiness and comfort.

You are awesome,
Katie
K. Unger
Quote 0 0
redgirlraven
I am so sorry. If you need someone to talk to daybydaypetsupport.com has a 24/7 hotline.
I want to share with you a theory someone shared on here with me and it helped me so much. It’s about the ball in the box theory of grief.
It goes something like this
Grief is a button inside of a box and inside that box there is a ball. Every time the ball rolls against that button you will feel waves of intense grief. For most, when the loss is fresh the ball is huge and pushes against the button nearly all of the time. With time the ball shrinks so it bumps up against the button less frequently - but when it does hit the button the waves of grief are just as intense - they just come less and less frequently.
I subscribe to this theory because losing my sweet Roary cat will never hurt less - it only hurts less often with time.
I pray the ball shrinks quickly and you can find healing and peace in between the waves of grief. I pray that the waves come less and less frequently and you can heal and go on to save another kitty who needs a home when your heart can stand it.
AR
Quote 0 0