KayGarcia2
My name is Karina and I recently lost my dog to a gruesome attack caused by a pitbull on Friday, October 17.

My Camila never got to live a full life for she was only 10 months old. She was everything to me and I considered her my daughter. She was my best friend. I keep waking up thinking she's still here so I can go take her to her routine potty and her nightly cuddles. She loved everyone who loved her and was surrounded by people who adored her. I feel like such a mess because I do not know how to cope with my feelings and I really want to smile with the memories she left me with but her absence is what kills me the most. My sweet Cami was very bubbly and loved to play with her squeaky toy. I don't know what to do with my life now that she's gone. She was my first pup and maybe I torture myself with her loss because I feel like I could've done more to prevent her tragic death. I just want her back home with me but I know she's in a better place now. My house just feel so empty and skies are grey even though the sun is shinning outside. I just want my daughter/ best friend back ...
Quote 0 0
mymilo
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, I too loss my baby very young he was only 15 months old. He got run over by a car, I sometimes wonder if I took him outside instead of asking my son will he still be alive today. He pass Sept 14, and there is not a day that goes by that I don't miss him. He too was our first puppy, he was supposed to be my kids pet but I fell in love with him. When he pass he took a piece of my heart with him he was my baby and he too was a chihuahua. Sometimes talking to other people help, but then I start missing him again. His buried in our backyard I go to store every week to buy flowers for.his grave, I talk to him all the time and tell him how much I miss him. I know it's hard not to.blame the dog that hurt your baby, but remember animals act the way that people raise them. Our babies our sweet and fun, because we love them as much as they love us. I just hope that the pit bull that attack your dog is not being abused, and that someday we'll see our babies again. I hope you feel better and know that your not alone.
Quote 0 0
KayGarcia2
I feel so empty because I am still a very young girl with no children so her loss impacts me so much since I really looked at her as if she was my child. My heart keeps aching due to her loss and everything reminds me of my sweet baby girl. I just wished that she didn't have to go out the way she did because I feel like I failed my poor baby. I can't seem to grasp on to the fact that God took her from me and his reason behind it. Although it sounds very wrong, I cry thinking that he wanted me to suffer with her loss.. But then again I rather her rest at peace rather than suffer from the other dogs attack. I feel exactly how you feel about Milo, wondering what I should've done different in order to have her alive. I feel as if everyone may miss her but they're not the ones losing their sleep and sanity the way that I am and they're just growing tired of seeing me mourn for my sweet heart. I don't know where to go from here. I just want to be with her for she was the one who truly loved me since the day she came home with me. I seriously lost motivation to stay here, I feel as if life has no meaning but I'm sure it's just a phase I'll eventually get through. I've also given thought in having a new pup but I feel as if I can't even do that ever because it won't love me the way Camila did and if it doesn't, I see no point in having another dog. I really don't know what to do or think anymore, I just want this to get better already because my baby doesn't deserve to be feeling guilty for leaving my side... ):
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
So sorry for your loss.  Don't worry about others, grieve as long and however you need to.  We love our furbabies and that love is wonderful, but also when the time comes, that love hurts like nothing else.  Please take care of yourself, take one day at a time

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
mymilo
I agree mourn as long as you can, it's been 5 weeks since I loss my baby Milo and I still cry I still have his stuff out. I too think about adopting a new puppy I also fear that what if they don't love me like Milo did. I have kids, but losing Milo was like losing my child, he was my baby and my heart hurt everyday because his not with me. Our fur babies love us unconditionally that it's just so hard to get over thier passing.
Quote 0 0
KayGarcia2
I feel so lost without her. I don't know what I'm doing. I want to be happy for her because she is free but I am stuck in loneliness. I cannot eat, I cannot sleep, I cannot think straight. I just feel so much pain and guilt. I feel like I lost myself the moment I lost her. My poor baby suffered from the attack up until she was at the animal hospital. She died soon after I gave her to the vet. I feel as if she was only holding on for me.. My heart is broken. I just want it to get easier but it seems like it's only getting harder ..
Quote 0 0
jackson64
It is one of the hardest things Ive gone through, losing Jack. Its been a little over eight weeks, and I still struggle a lot. There are still times I wonder if I will ever get over it. Then I realize I never will...it will just become easier. Its very fresh for you, take your time and do this in your own way. This forum has helped me sooooooo much. No judgement here for how badly, how long, or in what way your grieve. Its part of healing, as much as it hurts!!!!  Take Care....

P.S.   Why are those letters under every post I write?     So confusing! 
Tricia
Quote 0 0
Miming
Hi Karina,
Sorry to hear about your loss. I feel you as I also lost my cat when he was still young, only 6 months old.
I also feel that he could have lived longer and I could have done something to prevent his passing, I'm guilty and troubled even though it's not fully my fault 
that he's gone now.
In my case, my cat Miming was hit by a car and I couldn't do anything to save his life. I love him more than anything and I also denies the fact that he is gone.
It has been 2 weeks now since he passed away, I still about him every single day.
Wishing he returns and purr again between my feet. I miss holding him in my arms.

Hi I'm Jessie, Mother of Miming
I love you baby.. My happiness, my bliss..forever in my heart..
Miming
(May 20, 2014 to October 7, 2014)
Quote 0 0
mymilo
I think the reason why we took it so hard is the way our puppies or kittens died. We expect them to be with us for a long time and when they were rip from us we just have such a hard time accepting it. The hardest part is having your family and friends enjoy thier fur babies while ours is gone. Stay strong take it from me the pain never goes away but it does get a little bit bearable.
Quote 0 0
MattiesMom10
So sorry to hear about your loss. Know your not alone and take the time to mourn that you need only you will know how long you need. Your baby loves you and know you did everything for her.
God Bless
Susan Turner
Quote 0 0
KayGarcia2
Maybe that is why the pain seems so unbearable. I feel so guilty for the passing of my pup because I feel that if maybe I didn't take her out or if I took her home before the incident then it would be different and she'd still be here with me. I am very much hurt about my baby being gone and I try to be strong but I find myself alone and she's all I miss. Nights are the worst because she would be laying in bed right next to me and now I have anxiety since i don't feel her or see her near me. I'm just a wreck..
Quote 0 0
mymilo
I really feel for you, I know how it is to see the event that took our babies away, I still cannot drive where my baby got hit by a car I force my self to drive there one day and I burst into tears all I can see is my baby laying on the street. It will takeep sometimes before the healing begins as you can tell I'm not there yet either. Take care cry scream vent just remember you won't be judge here. I think your doggie and my doggie will be best buddy up in doggie heave.
Quote 0 0
KayGarcia2
I seem to have found some console in the bible. I wasn't much of a religious person but my father is and he told me that God listens so I just began to talk to him as well since he after all is the one enjoying my baby up there. I just hope to someday feel her presence or at least meet another fur baby with my sweet little ones way of being so she can live in her body. Time heals all and I have been a little better, although I still keep thinking about if I would've done something different, she'd be sleeping with me tonight. I miss her like crazy and I just want her here and I'm sure she is best buds with little Milo and they're watching after us right now.
Quote 0 0