Phil10590
I am still getting over the loss of my baby lillie. I found her in the street when she was very young, alone, i bottle fed her for a month. Every 2 hours.. Waking up just to feed her. This year in january, i found a lump, the vet told me i have 6 months with her if im lucky. This june 1st she made 14. Even though she was sick she was still herself. This month, she took a turn for the worse. I woke up and her eyes changed, she was unbalanced, she was also bleeding. I made the decision to let her rest.
When Lillie was 7 we got a kitten (Pocket). We also had a male cat (Gus) same age as Lillie. So in some way this was like pocket was lillie and gus' baby.
Gus developed an issue with his lungs and heart and passed in the house. Lillie was not the same after gus passed.
When lillie got sick in january pocket would not leave the room she stood in. He watched her. Now i am seeing he does not leave the room. Maybe once or twice and then goes to lay down again in the room. Does anyone think he is grieving? And how can i help him?
To make this even longer... Sorry... My mom passed away and i played a voicemail from her and had it on speakerphone... gus.. Lillie... Pocket all came running from wherever they were and looked around... I think for my mom since they heard her voice. Gus was very close to my mother... The following year he passed. Now a year later my lillie. I want to know if pocket is grieving how can i get him to move on?
Quote 0 0
MyBabyX10
I’m so sorry for your loss! A huge loss, not just losing your fur baby, but your mom as well! I’m so extremely sorry! I feel your pain! 😢😢😢💔💔💔
DDS
Quote 0 0
msweet13
Dearest Phil -First let me say I am so sorry for your losses. Your concern for Pocket touched me so I researched how to deal with a grieving pet and I came up with the following:

You can help guide your pet back to a sense of normalcy in the following ways:

• Maintain your pet’s normal routine (mealtimes, walks, playtimes, etc.) as much as possible.
  • Commit to giving your pet extra attention and snuggles during this difficult time.
  • Help your pet take his or her mind off of grief with walks, games, traininggrooming, or visits to new places.
  • Understand that grief is a process that affects each animal differently; some pets may seem to grieve deeply, while others show no obvious emotion. Allow the grieving process to unfold in your pet and realize that it may take time and patience to see it through.
I hope this helps a little. If not, you may want to goggle the subject to see if there is anything else that can help you through this difficult process.

I wish you warm hugs and blessings of comfort. I am sure your beloved Lillie and Gus are with you and will guide you in your care for their "little baby" Pocket.
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 0 0
Phil10590
MyBabyX10 wrote:
I’m so sorry for your loss! A huge loss, not just losing your fur baby, but your mom as well! I’m so extremely sorry! I feel your pain! 😢😢😢💔💔💔

Thank you i am sorry for your loss of Zeus.
Quote 0 0
Phil10590
msweet13 wrote:
Dearest Phil -First let me say I am so sorry for your losses. Your concern for Pocket touched me so I researched how to deal with a grieving pet and I came up with the following:

You can help guide your pet back to a sense of normalcy in the following ways:

• Maintain your pet’s normal routine (mealtimes, walks, playtimes, etc.) as much as possible.
  • Commit to giving your pet extra attention and snuggles during this difficult time.
  • Help your pet take his or her mind off of grief with walks, games, traininggrooming, or visits to new places.
  • Understand that grief is a process that affects each animal differently; some pets may seem to grieve deeply, while others show no obvious emotion. Allow the grieving process to unfold in your pet and realize that it may take time and patience to see it through.
I hope this helps a little. If not, you may want to goggle the subject to see if there is anything else that can help you through this difficult process.

I wish you warm hugs and blessings of comfort. I am sure your beloved Lillie and Gus are with you and will guide you in your care for their "little baby" Pocket.
Quote 0 0
Phil10590
Msweet13, Thank you for your kind words and the information. I appreciate it. Im sorry for your loss of Brutus.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
I am so sorry for your losses, having one is tough, more than one is devastating. I hope Little baby Pocket and you find comfort in each other through this tough time. God bless you.
Quote 0 0