Mhyson
Today I put down my cat, Truman. I’ve had him for almost 20 years and we honestly had no idea how old he was. I loved him more than most people in my life and I’m I’m devastated.
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Mary,

I am very sorry for your loss of your sweet, handsome Truman. Clearly he was very much loved and very well cared for to live more than 20 years. I understand loving a pet more than a lot of people. Pets seem to reach a part of our hearts that others do not. They give us unconditional love.

It can help to post feelings, pictures and stories of Truman here, when/if you are feeling up to it.

My condolences,
Jan

Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Dear Mary,
I am so sorry for your loss of your precious Truman. As you can see he looks like my boy Shemp. I loss him 2 months ago today at the age of 19 years old. We are blessed with their age, but I know it makes it harder. We are so use to them being here and being there for us. What has helped me tremendously is writing here. There are many people here that understands the pain you are going through. You are not alone. Please let us know how you are doing. We truly care. My deepest condolences. Hugs, Becky
Quote 0 0
Mhyson
It’s so hard. He was here this morning and now he’s gone....
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
I know Mary. I was playing with mine in mid morning and vet office called and said to bring him in. The blood work showed kidney failure with his thyroid off the charts. I had no time to fully process it. I couldn't eat sleep and cried 3 days straight non stop. My heart goes out to you. The greiving process is so hard! Just know that Truman knows that he was so loved by you. You gave him the best life possible. I wish all animals were this lucky. He was so lucky to have you. He is having a party now playing with Shemp and eating lots of treats. They are running pain free now. Sendibg tou a big hug xx
Quote 0 0
Mhyson
He had kidney failure. (He was diabetic, hyperthyroid, heart issues ... lots of things). So I have pulled him through so much it didn’t seem fair to keep going. He was having trouble regulating his body temp and his last bloodwork this week wasn’t good. So it was the best decisions... but omg this hurts so bad. Like... horribly.
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
So we both did the humane thing and let our babies go. That is the unconditional love we gave them, as they always gave us.
I recently read a article where a lady and vet was looking into a kidney transplant. For me, I could not do that. That seems too painful for my baby to go through that. I know he is at peace now. And pain free.
I wish I could take your pain away. But I promise it does get easier. I still cry ( like today being 2 months) but I try to honor his memory with smiles. They want us to be happy. I am like you and most people here feel the same way. We love them more than some people.
I have a 18 year old female kitty that is going thru kidney failure now too. We changed her diet and only time and God will tell. I just give her more attention and love. She sure misses her buddy too. They been together forever.
Try to take care of you. You are in my thoughts. 💛
Quote 0 0
AP44
What a handsome boy. I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my two cats of 16 years about two weeks ago. I cried non stop and thought it would never get better, but it will. There’s no hurrying the process. My heart goes out to you.
Quote 0 0
LaurieJo
I am so sorry for your loss. I am struggling as well. I try to give thanks for having such a sweet beauty in my life but I just want her back. Please know we share your grief and know how very hard this is
Quote 0 0
Tapati
I can fully empathise with you. I lost my first pet cat 5 years ago and then just recently around two weeks back...i lost my beautiful orange tabby boy who I used to feed regularly in the my apartment complex ..for the last 3 years. It is such a terrible feeling...i still have not been able to get over the loss and grief for both those babies.
I am really glad to have found this forum where people really understand and give so much support. It really helps.
Give yourself some time to get over the loss... time will dry up the tears but the void always remains in the heart.....life never remains the same again.

Quote 0 0
Mhyson
I’m finally starting to feel better. (As in not crying every 2 minutes). I’m heartbroken but it’s getting better. We have started looking for new cats and think we have found 2 we really love. That feels therapeutic but weird. No one will replace my baby, but I feel like we have so much love and it would be great to shower a new kitty with all of it.
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Mary,

I am glad that you are feeling a little better and looking to adopt two cats. So many animals need good homes and it is wonderful that you are planning to give two cats a good, loving home. I'm sure they will bring you much joy with their own personalities.

Jan
Quote 1 0