A_Hole_in_my_Heart
Today my family and I made the hard and heart breaking decision to euthanize my beloved ferret baby Audrey. She was 7-8 years old and had been diagnosed with Insulinoma and Lymphoma in April. I miss her so much. She was just fine yesterday and then all of a sudden her health declined at 4:00 this morning (she was having a hard time breathing). We rushed her to the emergency room hoping maybe it was only her sugar level being low, but instead found out that her sugar levels were in the normal range and that she had a tumor 1/3 the size of her heart in her chest cavity in front of her heart, because of it her heart was enlarged as well has her liver and Kidney which in turn was sending liquid into her lungs. The tumor was also pressing down on her lungs. We of course wanted to find alternatives to try and save her, but she just kept getting worse so we decided it was best just to let her go.

She has a cage mate named Lea and we were unable to let her see Audrey after she was euthanized. I was wondering if you guys could give me advice on how best to get Lea through this.
Quote 0 0
A_Hole_in_my_Heart
A_Hole_in_my_Heart wrote:
Today my family and I made the hard and heart breaking decision to euthanize my beloved ferret baby Audrey. She was 7-8 years old and had been diagnosed with Insulinoma and Lymphoma in April. I miss her so much. She was just fine yesterday and then all of a sudden her health declined at 4:00 this morning (she was having a hard time breathing). We rushed her to the emergency room hoping maybe it was only her sugar level being low, but instead found out that her sugar levels were in the normal range and that she had a tumor 1/3 the size of her heart in her chest cavity in front of her heart, because of it her heart was enlarged as well has her liver and Kidney which in turn was sending liquid into her lungs. The tumor was also pressing down on her lungs. We of course wanted to find alternatives to try and save her, but she just kept getting worse so we decided it was best just to let her go.

She has a cage mate named Lea and we were unable to let her see Audrey after she was euthanized. I was wondering if you guys could give me advice on how best to get Lea through this.

This is my beautiful Baby Audrey
  [image]
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Audrey looks like a real sweetie❣️ I’m sorry you lost her. They really are sweet, I used to have one. 7 or 8 yrs old wow, you are a good ferret parent. I’ve never had it happen to a ferret but I imagine it’s not much different when a dog loses their best friend, or litter mate. It happened not to long ago to mine. Lots of extra attention, don’t change things, keep Audrey’s scent around. Don’t get rid of favorite toys or anything personal. Try to keep that normal. In the end I did have to get my girl a puppy, she was just too lonely. Again, I’m sorry, hugs,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 1 0