Sunshineambi
I had to put my 4 year old cat Amber to sleep last Saturday night because she had FIP. It's been such a hard week and now that Saturday has come around again I'm being further reminded of this horrible day last week when Amber was getting more and more poorly. And we were giving her antibiotics and pain medication, which she hated, but at the time we still had some hope that she didn't have FIP and could get better. (She had been in the vets all day the day before and we were awaiting test results). When she started lying down In her litter box I knew she was getting worse we had to take her to the emergency vets. They scanned her and by this point her belly was full of yellow fluid the vet said it was wet FIP and we knew we had to let her go. (The day before she only had a tiny amount of the fluid so she had gone down hill very fast, although she hadn't been totally herself for about 3 weeks) . She was put to sleep with my partner saying goodbye at 10pm that night while I waited outside because I simply couldn't bear it. I'm 33 weeks pregnant and it's mine and my partners 1st wedding anniversary tomorrow. We have so many reasons to be happy, but having my baby cat taken away from us so suddenly and when she was so young just breaks my heart. Miss her so much.
Quote 0 0
Sunshineambi
Thank you so much, it is a very emotional time. I had really been looking forward to Amber meeting the baby and vice versa. It just doesn't feel the same now, I guess it won't be the same. But at least Amber is at peace and I know we did all we could for her and gave her a good life, even though it was so much shorter than we expected. I have to keep reminding myself that Amber doesn't need me anymore as she's in a peaceful sleep, but my unborn baby needs me.
Quote 0 0