myfurbabies
How do you fall in love with a Rescue cat after only 10 days??!!  Squeaker was 12 years old, left at the local shelter because her owners were "MOVING" and we know cats "CAN'T MOVE" - really I hope there was a legitimate reason for leaving your SENIOR cat at a shelter.  She was in adoptions for awhile, then moved into the medical ward (not sure why, but maybe a URI), then when she stopped eating she was CODE RED URGENT to get rescued or put to sleep.  A friend & I decided she needed rescued, my friend took her to the vet & lab & X rays normal for her age. She went home to my friend's house with other foster cats & would not eat after much tempting. After a week of not eating but a bite here & there, I took her back to vet & took her home with me & started syringe feeding so she would not develop fatty liver disease from not eating. She was so sweet, pretty calico but thin & matted from not grooming. She had gone from 12 to 9 pounds. At first she would explore the room I had her in & loved being brushed. I was holding her & loving her 5 times a day while I syringe fed her.  I would look into her eyes & kiss her head with every syringe full she ate & she responded with a look. Gradually she got weaker & after many more trips to my vet & trying different meds for vomiting, I guess her body just gave out & she died yesterday morning.   I am having a hard time cleaning out the room she was in , so my other cats can have their room back.  She was a special little cat, never once resisted me feeding her or giving her meds.  I always have a hard time when my cats die, but this was such a short time to have her & I just knew we could get her to eat & get well.  Apparently she had something wrong that was undetectable & unfixable. Not only am I grieving her loss, but also angry at people for dropping their pets at the shelter instead of doing the right thing for them.  will never understand.  RIP sweet Squeaker - you were loved & will be greatly missed - just knew she would fit into my fur family of 4.
Barbara White
Quote 0 0
GunnersMama
I'm so sorry to hear about Squeaker. I don't think it matters how long that they are with us but how they impact our lives. I don't understand how people can do that to an animal that they claim to love. I'm just glad that she had you for the last little bit of time that she had left. Sending hugs and prayers.
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Barbara....Thank You so much for adopting Squeaker.  Not many would adopt a senior.  I foster dogs, and I have had 2 seniors, that thankfuly got adopted and are now in fabulous homes.  You did your very best with Squeaker.  All you could do.  You made her last few days on earth  very loving and filled with comfort.  I salute you for your efforts.  Thank You again for all you did for one of the forgotten pets in this world.  Sue
Susan
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
I agree with Winston's mom. Bless you for giving this precious little cat a real life and letting her know what it was like to feel loved and cared for. Unfortunately we can't change the actions of other people and it makes me angry too but what you did for this little cat was so wonderful!! Please remember that!
MJ
Quote 0 0
Monty13
My parents brought home a stray cat and after 4 days I was in love with this cat! My parents put signs around the neighborhood and sure enough the owners called us. So after only 5 days we had to give her back and it was terribly hard. I'm not surprised you loved this sweet kitty so quickly. RIP Squeaker!
Quote 0 0
Ashmonster
I too lost a kitty after only a few weeks and it hit me hard. I think Squeaker was waiting for you. She knew true love before she passed. Thank you for making her part of your family when she needed it most.
Amk
Quote 0 0
myfurbabies
I had Squeaker cremated & brought  her home - people think I'm crazy to do that, but I feel I have to do this one last thing when one of my cats die.  It makes me feel better to have their ashes here with me.  Feel bad that I wasn't able to give her more time, but I guess it wasn't mine to give.  Would have loved to have had her in my cat family - not sure what they would have thought about that though.
Barbara White
Quote 0 0