Bulldog
I lost my beautiful boy a few weeks ago to heat stroke. He was just 2 years old. My heart is in shreds and the pain just won't go away. People tell me to get over it. He was my baby. He stole my heart and broke it when he left. When does the pain go away,
Quote 0 0
JennC
I am so sorry for your loss of your dear boy. My 9 yr old Boston Terrier who seem to be in good health passed away unexpectedly at the vets office a week ago. The sudden and unexpected loss and anger and sadness that followed was something I would never wish upon anyone. Every day the anxiety attack and profound overwhelming sadness becomes slightly more tolerable, then hits me w a vengeance.

I pray and hope that peace will come to you through time. I don't know when mine will. Reminders of our amazing life together and how much I love my little boy pushes me slightly forward each day while the regrets and anger of loss staggers and I feel overwhelmed.

Take care of yourself. Remember all the great moments and who your boy was. Was he forgiving and loving? Did he love you w all his heart? Would he want you to grieve and be sad for the rest of your living life? or would he want you to be happy? You know him best. As hard as it is to do, you have to take care of yourself and live life to the fullest in his memory. Take baby steps. But know he loves you and only wants you to be happy.

Hugs,
Hammie's mommy
Quote 0 0
Suzi17
I am so sorry for your loss and I understand. I lost my baby bora a week ago. He was my baby for 9 yrs. The pain and heartache has been unbearable. I cry and pray a lot. I miss my baby so much. His death was sudden and unexpected. I question everything I ever did for him. Was I a good mom to him? He was my best friend, my companion...I would hold his little face and say..."bora i love you so much". I will keep you in prayer....we will see our babies at the rainbow bridge. I believe that.
Quote 0 0
Bulldog
Thank you so much. It is so good to be able to speak about how I feel. My boy was funny, nsughty and a pain in the butt. He destroyed my house but was so loving. He made me smile and laugh every single day. Oh how I miss him.
Quote 0 0
miztina249
Bulldog wrote:
Thank you so much. It is so good to be able to speak about how I feel. My boy was funny, nsughty and a pain in the butt. He destroyed my house but was so loving. He made me smile and laugh every single day. Oh how I miss him.

I'm so sorry for your loss, it is such a shock to lose them suddenly like that. It doesn't matter how it happens though we are never ready to let them go.

I love how you said he destroyed your house but was so loving. I used to be such a perfectionist about my house until I got my first dog! I tried to keep that level of perfectionism...But it was making me crazy, lol. I've always had small dogs and I was surprised at how much damage a small dog could do if they wanted! But they outgrow it and the memories become funny things we remember fondly. That spot on the trim, the sofa he scratched the daylights out of trying to "nest"...The oriental rug that he used to scratch his feet when his allergies were making his feet itch, he used it as a toilet once or twice too lol. I think back on my "perfect" house before I had a dog in it and it makes me sad I ever wanted to live like that, so sterile and cold. I'll take the destruction, mess and all the love.
Quote 0 0