Spike2014
Spike passed away yesterday. I’m so torn. He was my best friend. They say “ a girls best friend is diamonds.” Clearly, they have never owned a fur bay. I loved my bulldog. We rescued him five years ago. I think I’m reality, he saved me. I was in a bad place in, my life. I miss and I’m truly scared. Don’t want to hurting, angry. Is this normal? Do we ever let go?
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
I am so very sorry for your loss of your sweet, bulldog Spike. It is normal to be hurt and scared and missing him. You rescued him and he saved you. In time it gets easier but we never forget.

If you feel up to it, it can help to post pictures and stories about Spike. There are many understanding people here. I hope we can help you through this very difficult time.

Jan
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Michelle (Spike2014), 

I too am very sorry for your loss of your beloved Spike, and offer you my sincerest condolences.

It is quite admirable that you rescued Spike 5 years ago. So many posters here have written that their pet's "saved them" after they saved / rescued / adopted them. It is remarkable. Such was the case with my beloved cat "Marmalade." I saved his life and he saved mine, numerous times. What a wonderful, enduring testament to our relationships with our beloved's. That they can have such an important and positive impact on our lives. I am glad that your paths crossed with your Spike when they did, and that you provided him with love, affection, adoration and companionship, and he provided you with those in return.

It does seem to truly help to post here and share photos and memories. There are so many loving, kind, understanding, compassionate & understanding folks here on this forum. I do not discuss my grief or sorrow with anyone in my personal life, as they simply do not understand the depth of my loss.

As they say "There is no time limit on grief." It is different for each of us. All one can do is continue to travel through time. Moment by moment, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day, night by night and month by month, and for some (as posted here) even year by year. Your body has a built-in healing mechanism. It is your birthright. Just allow it to work by being gentle with yourself, and hopefully someday soon, you will heal, and all that shall remain are your most cherished and fondest memories of your beloved Spike.

Kind regards,
James
Quote 0 0
Sampson
My deepest condolences on your loss. I really liked your comparison to a girl’s best friend being diamonds and how they clearly never had a fur baby. I totally agree! It takes time but it will get better. I think they always keep just a little bit of our hearts though. Peace,
Sam
Quote 0 0
Living_with_tragedy
I am sorry for your loss of Spike.  You are understood here on this forum. So many of us are feeling loss and pain from our losses.  Everyone has their own pace at grieving.  I have (had) 3 rescues. One of mine passed away at 6 years old.  I had them all since they were pups. I gave them the best lives I could. I tried so hard to do everything right, but I couldn't prevent him from passing away. 

I understand your sadness. You gave Spike a chance to live a good life. He will always love you for that. I know my Parker will always love me for that, too. 

This forum is a comforting place to be. I've met a lot of nice people and made some friends, too.  

Thinking of you,

Parker's Mom

Quote 0 0