tammy64
I had to make the hardest decision to let my cindy cross the rainbow bridge yesterday. I cant get it out of my head did I do the right thing. My husband held her she kept looking back so I got up and rubbed her. I feel like I cant breathe.
Quote 0 0
Jessiesmommy
Tammy I lost my Jessie yesterday too. I feel like I can't breathe either. I am so sorry for your loss.
Quote 0 0
camunki
Tammy i am so sorry for the loss of your Cindy.....we always 2nd guess ourselves if it was the right thing to do at the time, guilt always comes into play.

Was your Cindy a dog or a cat? Please keep coming back and posting, it does take away that alone feeling and I know "talking" with others who truly understand, helps so much in the grieving process.

(((hugs)))

Cam

Quote 0 0
tammy64
cindy lou who was her name she was a yorkie.
thank you it's terrible I keep seeing her looking at me as if she knew..
Quote 0 0
camunki
oooh Tammy, again i am sorry for the loss of your sweet yorkie, was she sick at the time and/or just older? I think talking about it helps us out alot.

Please know that we do things at the time because that is how we feel, as if your sweet Cindy's time was right, even though we never want to let our pets go and we want them to live forever.

My heart goes out to you......

Cam

Quote 0 0
Stasia
Hi Tammy,

Even when I was sure, I wasn't sure. People said to me "You'll know" but I didn't. I don't think we can ever really know bc they can't tell us but the best we can do is follow our gut. Sylvester was on fluids and meds for his kidneys but he was 20 years old and his age had finally caught up with him. He was losing weight and even on an appetite stimulant, we couldn't get his weight up or, get him to eat every meal. I did some research and found a bunch of sites that all said the same ting - you have to determine their quality of life - not from your perspective though - from theirs. Sylvester did nothing but sleep and sometimes eat. He didn't groom, he didn't play, he didn't use the litterbox properly anymore, he didn't scratch his claws on his scratchy things...nothing. So, he had no quality of life. That's when I knew. It was still so hard and I wanted so badly to believe that maybe if I tried more fluids, or different meds, maybe he'd be better...but in my gut I knew it was time. The one thing I can say is that I kept the promise I made to myself years before - that I would not force him to linger bc I couldn't face letting him go. He might have been okay for a little while longer but why wait until it gets so bad that they are in pain everyday or feeling crappy. I feel lucky to have had the time to make the decision and plan for it so I was able to spend quality time with him beforehand. Then the vet came to the house so he died in his own home, with me right there beside him, quiet and peacefully. I am grateful for that. Though, the minute they left, I wanted to take it back. It destroyed me. Absolutely destroyed me.  I feel for you so much. The first few weeks are rough. Keep coming here and sharing. 
Stasia
Quote 0 0
Lizz18
Hello I've lost my cat simba he was 18 years old feel awful had to get him put to sleep he had a stroke
Quote 0 0