Karen3470
I lost my baby smudge after long illness and numerous surgeries.we had her and my other cat baylee for 8 years,her first surgery was at age two,she would get bladder stones that had to be removed.this was 5 surgery,but during surgery the vet felt the need to stop,it was really bad ,her stomach and bladder was adhered together and so much scar tissue that if she continued the quality of life would not be good at all.s o we mad the decision to put her to rest,it broke my heart and on top of that my cat baylee seems so depressed and I don't know how to help her!
Quote 0 0
Snowshoehare
Karen I am so sorry. It is hard to lose our family member and it compounds it when we have to watch our surviving fur children mourn as well.  I am going through a similar situation with my surviving dog charley, he doesn't know what has happened and isn't himself.  All I can do it try to spend as much time with him as possible so he knows he's loved. Please take care of yourself and your sweet baylee, this is not an easy road but we are all here for you.
How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart you begin to understand... there is no going back? There are some things that time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep, that have taken hold.
Quote 0 0
Karen3470
Thank you,im trying to show her love and attention,new toys too,but I just feel so helpless
Quote 0 0
CK1991
I'm so sorry for your loss! I hope that you and baylee will be able to help each other through this sad time.
Hugs!
CK
Quote 0 0
Karen3470
Thanks,the concerns and encouragement of others really helps me,thanks so much!
Quote 0 0
Sammi_Jo
Hi Karen, I am so sorry you lost your little buddy. I am convinced  you will see your pet again. The heaviness you feel in your heart is normal and the helpless is very hard to deal with as well. The first week is the hardest, you will do more crying than you have in years. My advise is to cry cry cry. Look at pictures, no matter  how hard and keep chatting with others who are mourning with you. If you look at my post.....lost my best friend 4/25/16, my last  post was done today, crying the entire time, but I really wrote exactly what is going thru my heart right now. I only hope that you can relate. It will not ease your pain but for some reason when others can relate, it provides a comfort.

I am 48 years old as of 6/5 and I have had many dogs in my lifetime, but I have never felt this kind of pain. I was with sammi jo 24/7 her last 3 years of life. She consumed me her entire life, and the pain I felt after God took her up consumed me for a month and now I just miss her. 

I will give you a Bible verse that I believe tells us that our pets will be waiting for us on the other side...Revelations 5 verse 13 

Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying:

“To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
    be praise and honor and glory and power,
for ever and ever!”

Steven
Quote 0 0
Sammi_Jo
Sammi jo had a soul mate, a shepard collie mix. They met when Sammi jo was about 3 and Bailey was about 10. They became so close that they literally walked in tandem when they were walking down the street. I was dating the owner of Bailey and when we broke up, we ended up back together because we had to make sure Sammi and Bailey could spend time together. 

When Bailey was 14 all of her organs shut down. I spent my money to put her down because her pain broke my heart and it broke sammis heart. Sammi looked at me like she was saying....do something Daddy. When she was put down I knew Bailey knew I was helping her because he laid very still and had her eyes on me the entire time. I cried like crazy not only because it hurt me that she died, but that Sammi jo lost her best friend.

For an entire month, sammi jo just laid in her bed. She hardly ate, would not even want me to throw the ball and when I would lay down with her, she will kiss me once and wag her tail once or twice and that was it. She knew her friend was gone. Three weeks went by and I started to worry about her. One more week and I was going to take her to the vet. One evening about 6pm, she came outside with a ball in her mouth. She wanted to play again. She came out of her depression. My ex thought Bailey may have paid her a visit and it really makes sense because she came out of her depression instantly. 

Give your kitty lots of love, and at some point, she will come out of it. Maybe smudge will pay her a visit? I will keep you in my prayers. 
Steven
Quote 0 0
Karen3470
Oh thank you for sharing this with me,it gives me hope that my baylee will be okay,it helps knowing people understand what I'm feeling,they are so many people that don't understand the bond I have with my babies,so thank you for helping me,im sorry for your loss as well,and I hope Sammie Jo continues to do well(hugs,) Sammie Jo
Quote 0 0
EM
God's word includes many wonderful scriptures that describe His love for animals whom He created and has divine plans for in God's Heavenly Kingdom.
Quote 0 0