AnniesMomma
I lost my beloved Annie last week. It happened so fast I still expect to see her greet me when I come home. I had her and molly for about ten years. I lost molly June 2012. It was horrible but I still had Annie depending on me. Now I come home to an empty house. I feel numb and like people at work look at me like I'm crazy but I cant hide my sorrow. This is the first time in 11 years that I have not had a dog and I'm lost. Almost adopted one this last weekend but don't feel ready.
Quote 0 0
CBRMix
AnniesMomma,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it is very painful for I lost Chewy last week. He was 15 years 3 months when I put him. He was my rock and the light of my life and I know that Annie was yours too. The emptiness feeling is excrutiating when I come home too. No, you are not crazy and you are not alone.  People in this forum understand what you are going through. Grief as much as you want and don't listen what people say about the extend of grief. When you are ready to adopt, you will know in your heart.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Christine
Quote 0 0
Mollysdad
Our girls... Anniesmomma is also Mollys momma and my ex wife. I'm gonna try to tell a little bit about Annies life here, please tell things that you remember too.

Our last trip to the humane society together. After having adopted two other dogs and having one run over. We needed to find a friend for Molly. A once very sick little puppy that we saved. We saved that girl from certain death and she was starting to get frisky so off we went. I remember looking through all the cages, all those little and big dogs and trying to make a decision again. Little Ann, she must have weighed less than ten lbs and was just a grey black and white speckled/spotted cute little puppy. I picked her up and carried her around for a little bit and that was it. Remember reading the card on the cage... Catahoula? Cata what? Didn't matter...

We brought her home, let Molly out to meet her, and Annie went and hid under the car. I remember having a semi hard time getting her out of there. How her feelings for Molly changed after that first day though. Though maybe not two peas in a pod, they were so much different in so many ways, they were truely happy together. Not long after adopting Annie, Anniesmomma and I moved. We looked and looked and looked at houses, trying to find one that fit all our criteria, a major part of that being a big cool yard for the girls to play in. We found it. Mature woods over some very rugged ozark terrain. A wet weather creek at the bottom of a ravine. More wildlife than you could wish for. Annie was a hunter, and to her, this must have seemed like a little piece of paradise made just for her. Racoons, squirrels, possoms, nothing was safe. Catahoulas, I had no idea how much energy and strength those dogs could have. Annie would spend hours upon hours out there in the pitch dark. Rain dumping thunderstorms, cold weather, none of that mattered. She was king of her jungle, master of her domain.

And What personality she had. When she wanted in, she let out a single bark, You walked down stairs and there she's be, standing on the deck, tail wagging, waiting patiently. She sure had a way to get her point across. I don't think I've ever been able to communicate with a dog so well. A certain look means "let's go to bed" or "let's go out back" or "I'm hungry". You just knew what she was saying. I'm just so amazed at how well one can get to know a dog.

Annie lived to be ten years old. She got sick one day and was taken to the vet. Anniesmomma noticed that she was breathing a little shallow and she wasn't eating well. She called me and I came up. Annie went through a few tests and was getting worse very quickly. Our girl could't breath, early tests didn't show any cancer indicators, didn't show any signs of bacterial infection, but her lungs looked bad on an ex-ray. The doctor was amazed that she was doing as well as she was. She was just still so strong. For a period of days waiting for the results from a second test, we started treating her for what we thought may be wrong, a fungal infection of the lungs, relatively common to this area come to find out. But that wasn't the problem. Our Annie had cancer and it was taking her quickly. We put her to sleep on a Thursday afternoon. She laid her head down on my arm. I miss my girls.
Quote 0 0
CatLovingPerson
Very sorry to hear this.  I am just dealing with the loss of my cat Hootie, and I realize that pets can be some of the nicest people we know in the whole world.  I hope you feel better as the days go on.
Thank you for loving and caring for your animal friends! It is the best thing you can do.
Quote 0 0
Mollysdad
Here's a couple pics of our Annie.
Quote 0 0