ebaumid Show full post »
ebaumid
Okay so question here I am being told by a couple of people that I am grieving too long after 3 weeks.... They're warning me that I will get physically or mentally ill from it 😩. Seriously how can they say that to me?!
Quote 0 0
dontharmanimals
Hello, I don't know you or your situation but, with all due respect, I would stay the heck away from those people either temporarily or possibly permanently. There is no deadline to grieving loss. Losing a pet is traumatic and you need support not criticism. Please be kind to yourself. 
Quote 0 0
CK1991
I totally agree! Those people don’t know what they are talking about or they’ve obviously never shared a wonderful bond with an animal. Hugs to you!
CK
Quote 0 0
SadforSadieLouSue
I feel your pain.  I had to put my girl down on Saturday, from the outside, it didn't look like anything was wrong with her.  She was sick to her stomach on new years day, and wouldn't eat again after that.  She was diagnosed with a gallbladder mucocele in nov 2018.  I had another ultrasound done on saturday and the mucocele had filled up her whole gallbladder.  I couldn't risk the chance of it rupturing so i had to make that tough choice.  I haven't been able to sleep since.  I miss her so much, and i question my decision, because she looked okay from the outside.  I have no one else, she was my whole world.  I know I signed up for this when i choose to become a dog mom, but i had no idea I would feel this broken.  
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever

You grieve as long as you need, who cares what others say. I know I would feel,better with another dog down the road, not now but later. Hubby said no more. That makes me even sadder. I hope to change his mind.

SadforSadieLou, I’m so sorry for your recent loss. Hugs...
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
LoveMyBooBoo
ebaumid wrote:
I didn't have any children of my own.... Gilligan was my baby...I lived for him. All the trips we took to the mountains and to the parks and to the streams and even to the ocean were for him... Since he's gone I feel like I have nothing to be here for. I'm sure that really must make my husband feel sad to see me this way.
Gilligan was never sick - 13 years 9 months (we adopted him at 2 yrs)... the last 6 months I knew something wasn't right... The last three months he had a lot of trouble getting up the stairs. The last few days he stopped eating and we had to carry him up the stairs. I knew it was his time but it didn't make it any easier. I feel broken. I had the vet check him several times I knew something wasn't right they did blood work and they were going to do an x-ray the last visit but then they also saidn if the blood work was fine there was really no need for an x-ray - besides if there was something there at his age there is really nothing I can do. He was too old for surgery and he had spondylosis He was just getting very old. I had the vet come to the house and we took him for his last walk and his last ride in the car just before Christmas... He passed in my arms in his bed. I am completely gutted & lost ... I don't know when this pain is going to stop.
Quote 0 0
LoveMyBooBoo
Oh my dear💔I m so very sorry for your terrible loss. The pain can be more than one can bear. I lost my Boo Boo just about 8 weeks ago. There’s no pain that I’ve ever felt like loosing my Boo all you can do is cry😢. I’m sure Gilligan knew how much you loved him and I truly believe we will see them on the other side. There to great us young and vibrant. But that doesn’t help with the quite of the house the missed cuddles and there sweet face looking to you with love. I never cried more in those first 3 weeks than I had ever cried in my life. But you have to let it out I found having an Instagram page and I documented the good times and then the hard times and Boos memorial that now is on a hand made beautiful shelf with a custom made box beautifully made with his paw print and inscription and all his favorite things and things he used every day with a eternity light I never turn off and a custom painted picture of him and a frame of of his memorial poem. It is above my couch where I lay and kiss his picture and this box and the glass blown necklace I had special made with Boos ashes blown into the beautiful glass. I want you to know that your not alone. The pain for me was worse than people I have lost. They are our babies we love them so much and they give us all their love. Your baby will always be with you and the pain will dull but there will be days that you just need to cry and we are here for you. You were lucky to find each other to know that wonderful little soul and remember what life would have been like had you not had the years you had those wonderful years❤️🐶. I hope you find your peace and know you did your best and that you were truly loved because you were and I know you have your baby all your love too🐶❤️🐾😇 Much love so very sorry for your loss sweetheart 😢❤️
Quote 0 0
ebaumid
I'm so happy to find all of you to at least share how we feel It's hard for others to understand if they have not gone through the same thing. I think especially your first experience with this is a little like an earthquake in your heart. I'm trying hard to believe that he and I will be together again on the other side. This is my first experience with death. I have never lost anyone or anything this close to me before. It makes things scary for me about what lies ahead. Losing furbabies and people you love has definitely not for the week of heart. Thank you for your kind words it helps to know that there are others who understand
Quote 0 0
ebaumid
SadforSadieLouSue wrote:
I feel your pain.  I had to put my girl down on Saturday, from the outside, it didn't look like anything was wrong with her.  She was sick to her stomach on new years day, and wouldn't eat again after that.  She was diagnosed with a gallbladder mucocele in nov 2018.  I had another ultrasound done on saturday and the mucocele had filled up her whole gallbladder.  I couldn't risk the chance of it rupturing so i had to make that tough choice.  I haven't been able to sleep since.  I miss her so much, and i question my decision, because she looked okay from the outside.  I have no one else, she was my whole world.  I know I signed up for this when i choose to become a dog mom, but i had no idea I would feel this broken.  
Quote 0 0
ebaumid
Oh my goodness I'm so sorry I definitely know where you're going through it makes me sad that I couldn't fix it so you must feel the same way
Quote 0 0