But I promise I will try.
I will love and miss you forever,
Beyond the day I die.

~Karen Hickey

I love you Leeloo.
Love is eternal....
Quote 0 0
aprilnovember811
So pretty.  I know exactly how you feel. 
Quote 0 0
FrecklesMom
Beautiful. I completely understand. I feel the same way. I don't know if it will ever get easier. Thank you for sharing.
FrecklesMom

I will Love you forever sweet boy.
Quote 0 0
Catladykaren
Thank you, I wanted it to be something others could also identify with, so I made a point of not personalizing it with specifics. I am glad to share my poem with you.
Love is eternal....
Quote 0 0
Mary_Jane
This is lovely Karen, and I relate to it completely. I know that your Leeloo and my Molly had different illnesses, but I think in some ways we went through similar things, in desperately trying to treat them without knowing what the terrible outcome would be. It is so difficult having had such hope for a cure, only to have that hope shattered. I think of you and Leeloo often, as a lot of your words that I have read over the weeks resonate with me. Thank you for this beautiful poem. 
"If the sky comes falling down, for you, there's nothing in this world I wouldn't do"
Quote 0 0
Catladykaren
Thank you Mary Jane. I love your wonderful letters to Molly. If I had a real keyboard posting on this forum would be so much easier. But then I would probably never "shut up" so to speak. Someday I'll meet you and your Molly when I am together with Leeloo again in eternity. Friends until then, my dear.
Love is eternal....
Quote 0 0
Catladykaren
The portrait I painted of Leeloo is my profile pic now. It resembles her as much as my lack of skill would allow.
Love is eternal....
Quote 0 0
kittykatgurl777
Just beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing Karen, for it is EXACTLY how I feel. I just lost my precious baby Zen on Friday afternoon. Not one vet could accurately determine what was wrong. He was on plenty of meds and was supposed to improve, but...no dice. I am heartbroken beyond belief. I cannot stop crying. I just lost my Daddy, my precious daddy, 10 weeks ago today. And now I have lost my precious baby and am lost...lost lost lost. I can't sleep, I can't eat, all I do is look for that precious little bundle of fur that is no more. My bed, once so cozy and warm now feels empty and sad. I don't know what to do. I need help. And your poem offers great solace, so thank you from the bottom of my heart for that. I am sorry for your loss as well, I do not know what happened to your Leelo, but I am very sorry and hope that somehow you will recover too. Hugs and blessings to you and Leelo.
Quote 0 0
phoebegirl
Hugs to you.... your poem was beautiful.  Thank you for sharing
Phoebegirl's Mom

always in my heart... never to be forgotten. xoxoxoxoxo
Quote 0 0
Catladykaren
I will always love you Leeloo, and I want so much to hold you in my arms again. I miss you so much. Living without you is hard, nothing will ever be the same.
Love is eternal....
Quote 0 0