Liana

I lost my sweetie boo bear (cat) yesterday and it feels like my heart is ripping out of my chest. for 12 years he has been by my side through my grandmothers suicide and my divorce and everything else that has happened. I knew when I got home after work he would be wating for me at the door. Now I know I won't see that anymore and it kills me. I want my baby back. I knew I never wanted children so i got boo. What do I do now?

Quote 0 0
River
I am so sorry for your loss. The first days and weeks are so difficult. You have been through so much. The grief process is different for everyone, but the physical absence of our beloved pets is acutely painful in those first days. The first weeks are an emotional roller coaster. Writing helps many people throughout the process. I write every day. Take how ever long you need to grieve. Grieving can be physically and emotionally exhausting. Try to rest as much as you can and take care of yourself. Know that you are not alone and what you are experiencing is normal. I hope your heart will soon begin to heal. . .Mary
Quote 0 0
Liana
Thank you so much for your kind words. I just found out on my last ct scan that they have found masses on my lungs, liver, and pancreas. i am awaiting furthur testing. I think about my boo every moment of everyday. After getting on here and reading about the candle lighting ceremony tonight and read all about the rainbow bridge I feel a little more at piece knowing he is not hurting or cold or unhappy. I am triin my best. Again thank you for your kind words. It is nice to know there are other people out there like me
Liana
Quote 0 0
Mac
Liana,

Absolutely - you will find as you continue to visit here that so many kind and wonderful pet parents have suffered the same painful loss as you have. Boo had a wonderful life with you, and he knows he was dearly loved-think how many abandoned and homeless animals don't know that same feeling?  You did all that you could, so be at peace about his leaving you-he would be here if he could...

Mary(River) has good advice in her response - it is that way for me as well as for so many, so know that you are among friends here.  We grieve together and we support each other, so don't hesitate to share your thoughts here.

Please take care of yourself, and know that you and your Boo are in my thoughts and prayers.
Quote 0 0
Liana
The people on here are just wonderful. I really appreciate all of you. I did the candle ceremony last night. It helped to think of boo being up there greating the next poor soul that past. I have held up better than i thought but I wonder if I am just holding it all in and when it comes out I am going to be a mess. I am awaiting more tests that have to be done on myself and really am not worried about it. I am not scared of death I am scarred of the tests that I am going to have to go through. Again, boo was always there when I would come home from the doctors and I would tell him everything that happened and he would just sit there and rub up against me. It was so comforting. Last night I thought I was having a heart attack and my other cat that I have had for three years that I inherited (Ms. Molly) came up and rubbed all over my hands and face. She had been depressed because boo is gone to. I hope all of you that have comforted me have a great day and again thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Liana
Quote 0 0