Jo1983
I lost my beautiful parson russel terrier called Murphy a week ago today. In recent months he has had inflammation in his bowels, and he had it quite bad. The vet prescribed him steroid tablets to help with the inflammation but with this of course  came side effects. At first the side effects was just minor things like increased thirst, increased hunger ect. He was having his tablets everyday for about 5 weeks and he was doing so well on them that the vet reduced them. He had his tablets reduced on the Friday morning, by that evening he had diarrhea and was trembling all over his body but was walking ok. I phoned the vets who said to see how he goes on in the night.  Early hours of Saturday morning he got worse as he couldn't evening stand properly and was vomiting . In the the end he lay in his bed where he remained until the vets opened and i took him down. The vets is just about 1 mins drive from Where I live but I could tell as soon as I put him on the back seat of the car that what ever was happening he was dieing. The vet explained that it was best that he was put the sleep so that's what he did. I asked him what was wrong with him and he said it was a heart attack that he had. I'm absolutely devastated as he's been with me for nearly 7 years and he was only about 9 years old when he died. What made it worse is that because of the coronavirus and people having to self isolate I wasn't even allowed to be with him when he was taken into the vets to be put to sleep. Now I'm self isolating on my own and can't even go and visit family for comfort. Everywhere I go I see him, it's so terrible. 
J Lee
Quote 0 0
Jan_H
Jo,

I am very sorry for your loss of your beautiful Murphy. And I am so sorry you could not be with him at the end due to the coronavirus. Clearly you took very good care of him and I'm sure he had a wonderful life full of joy and love with you.

There are many wonderful and compassionate people here who understand your pain and loneliness. It can help to share stories, pictures and feelings about your sweet Murphy when/if you feel up to it. You are not alone.

My condolences,
Jan
Quote 0 0
Jo1983
Thank you very much for your reply, it means so much. This is him Xmas day 2 years ago. Xx
IMG_20181224_154233.jpg 
J Lee
Quote 1 0
Jan_H
He's so adorable and attentive with very loving eyes.
Quote 1 0
JBB
Jo,

Please accept my deepest condolences. It is heartbreaking that you could not be with Murphy when he was put to sleep.
My cat passed away a week ago. This period of confinement just exacerbates the pain. I understand what you are going through.
I know it is easier said than done but try to focus on all the happy moments that you shared with Murphy. It will help, trust me.

My thoughts are with you.

JB
JB Burger
Quote 0 0
Jo1983
Thank you very much for your reply it means so much. I'm so sorry to hear about your cat as well. They say time is a great healer which I do believe in. 
J Lee
Quote 0 0
JulieF
So sorry about your dog!  I had to have my cat put down yesterday and the same thing happened - I was not allowed to be with him because of the COVID 19 thing.  I feel better knowing I am not the only one and feel for you in your time of loss.  I think each day will get a little better.  Bless you.
Quote 0 0
Kelly_1968
Hugs to all of you!! I sure miss my baby, this is so hard. I would give anything to turn back time. Im doing better day by day but this has been the hardest thing to endure. 10 days since he passed. We all did the best for our babies and gave them lots of love no one can dispute that.
Kelly garrett
Quote 0 0
Jo1983
Julie f
I'm so sorry about your cat, it does make it harder losing them during this horrible pandemic we're going through. I also feel better knowing I'm not the only one who's lost a pet during all of this. You are right, things will get better as time goes by. 
J Lee
Quote 0 0
Jo1983
Kelly_1968
Is that your baby in the picture, he/she looks very cute. I'm so sorry you lost him/her and it is hard. I also wish I could turn back time but sadly the only way is forward. Sending hugs to you. 
J Lee
Quote 0 0
Pecan_mom

So sorry for your loss.  I lost my beloved dog 19 days ago.  She was my everything. I still cry everyday.  Her death was sudden too and I will never know the exact cause of death.  I still see and feel her everywhere and feel so guilty for not doing more to save her.  We all love our pets and have to think about all the good times we had together and how much we love each other.  Unfortunately they don’t live too long.  I would do anything to have my baby here with me. 

Sp
Quote 0 0
Jo1983
I'm sorry you lost your dog as well. Like you said it is unfortunate that they don't live that long. The feeling of guilt will pass eventually as I guess that's part of grieving. I feel bad for the fact my Murphy only lived to about 9. Xx
J Lee
Quote 0 0