dirtbikemama81
Today I will be putting my 15 year old German Shepard down. It is killing me inside but I know I am doing the right thing for her. I know she is in pain but I will miss her so much. Please keep Lady in your thoughts!!!! Thank you!! :(
Quote 0 0
dirtbikemama81
I don't know if I can handle this my darling Lady girl. I can't let you go. It is killing me. You have been the best friend anybody could ask for. I will never forget you chasing that stupid chipmunk and finally catching. You were so proud of yourself. You have the sweetest heart of any dog I have met. I will miss you deeply.
Quote 0 0
Babesmommy
I am so sorry.  I know what you are going through.  We had to make the decision at Christmas, but waited until the 2nd.  I knew when the doctor gave my Babe the anethisia and they laid her in my lap it was the right thing.  I could feel the tension and pain leave her body.  She deserved to not be in pain anymore.  She was my angel, my lifesaver.  It would be selfish of me to keep her in pain any longer.  I believe your Lady knows you love her and that you are doing the most unselfish thing you can for her.  She will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge when it is time for you to be reunited.

I wish you Peace & Love,

~ V

Babe's Mommy
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”. Mahatma Gandhi
Quote 0 0
FootyAngelBaby
I'm so sorry... please just know that we are all here thinking about you and sending you love and comfort.
Quote 0 0
sopsad

We lost our beautiful girl Sophie, an Old English Sheepdog, ten years old, on 17 Nov 09. This is what our vet read to us and Sophie before:

Sophie,

As we lay our hands upon you,

Before your final rest,

Our hearts surround to love you,

And thank you for your best.

Our home you watched and treasured,

Our lives you truly blessed.

Lessening now your burdens,

We tend your tired bones.

Let us be your pillow,

Then wings to take you home.

Listen for God’s calling,

Sweet promises of peace.

Old friend, leap to Heaven,

Suffering released!

We pray this for Lady girl and for you.....

It will get better………That’s what all these folks on this Forum has promised us, and slowly but slowly, the tears are being replaced by warm memories. We’ve all been where you are and we are all still there with you.……..Hang in there.

Mike

Quote 0 0
tinahailey

Sorry too heard about your best friend. It has been 2 months today since I lost my best friend. I had to make that decission two week before christmas, it's not an easy decission, but know in your heart that the pain they are in is gone and in time the pain in heart will lessen.

D.O.G.BLUE
Quote 0 0
Shadowhoffen
oh my heart aches for you as I totally understand the pain you are feeling.  While I've never had to make that decision, I know the agony you are in. 
Lady is a lucky girl to have lived such a long and happy life with you.  15 for a German Shepherd is amazing!  But, I know it is never long enough.  I ache for anyone who loses a furry, but I have a very special place in my heart for German Shepherds.  We have 4 of them and they are the most awesome companions and friends. 
We lost our boy Rebel, 4 yrs. ago at age 4.  It was devastating and to this day I cry and miss him.  The path is a long and hilly one.  Ups and downs but it does get better ... you will never forget all the lovely times you have had with Lady.  They never really leave us...their memories are stamped on our hearts FOREVER.
She will be waiting for you when it's your time and you will again run and play together.
My frisky boy Rebel will greet her with sloppy kisses and wagging tails.  he is quite the ladies man ... they will run and play ......
Finding this forum is a big step in helping you along the way.  The love, compassion and understanding here is priceless.
Come talk about your girl ... share pics as you are able.  It helps to know you ARE NOT ALONE!!!   We care.
hugs and prayers as you deal with difficult decision
     freeing her from her pain is the most selfless act a human can make for their beloved furry
God Bless and be with you both
Norma and the Shadowhoffen Shepherds ~~ Rebel and Rex together forever
Remembering Rebel.. 8-21-01 ~~ 01-15-06
Remembering Rex ... 8-21-01 ~~ 01-22-11
Remembering Tala ... 9/17/2000 ~~ 8/30/11
Remembering Baron ... 3/12/98 ~~ 11/23/11
http://www.premiereshepherds.org/blog ... for Rebels memorial blog and soon to be Rex's as well

http://www.premiereshepherds.org
Quote 0 0
dirtbikemama81
Thank you everyone for your kinda thoughts and prayers I never thought it would be this hard. I have never cried so much in my whole life. Today is the first day with out my sweet furbaby and it is killing me. And I can see in my other dogs eyes they are hurting too. I have never had so much love for one animal as I do for Lady.

It was so hard to have her die in my arms. And it really is hard because in a week and a half we are moving and I feel like I am leaving her here at this house and I hate it. I don't know how to deal with all this pain. But it helps to know I am not alone.

Everyone has been great here and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Quote 0 0
kmca9240
I'm so sorry for your loss.  Believe me I know exactly how you feel.  Yesterday at 6:30am I had to put down my beloved Sadie.  She was 13 years old and I only found out on Sunday that she had an aggressive form of cancer.  She was my life as I'm sure your dog was ours as well.  Yesterday and today have been the most difficult days of my life.  It's hard to imagine that you feel better when you feel so down but I do have a support system here that is telling me it will get better.  The hardest part for is not guilt or anger, but just the fact that I will never see her again.  It's hard to carry on with your day when every part of your day used to be about your dog.  I'm hoping here on out its just uphill.  But please know I am with you and I feel your pain.  Best wishes.
Quote 0 0
bahamas61

I am so sorry for your loss. I had to make that awful decision for my baby Dillon (11 years of age) also German Shephard, on January 7th, 2010, it has been a month without this love. I understand your pain, and sorrow. It gets us deep in a place not familar until you own a pet. There is no book, or words that can tell us how to feel. You are in my thoughts through this sacrifice you will endure for your baby. Let the courage of your baby be with you, you will find the strength ..Again, so deeply sorry :((((  Best wishes

Quote 0 0
lisaray30043
My heart is where yours is.......my little Andre passed Monday night and my heart is aching so much.  Maybe we all can be strength for one another.
Quote 0 0
Jparish

This world is transitory - Heaven is eternal. Lady is waiting patiently for you. She left her pain here, thanks to you.

Quote 0 0
dirtbikemama81
Today is day 4 without my baby girl. It is a little better now than it was the first day with out her. Everything reminds me of her. And the weirdest thing has been happening in my house. My 2 dogs that are in the house keep barking every night in the one room of my house. I really think my baby has been coming and visiting us.

To all the people that have wrote to me and have lost a furbaby, my thoughts are with you and it will get better day by day. It has helped me a lot to have my other dogs. I have been trying to give them extra love so it will ease their pain as well as mine.
Quote 0 0