Chelle_10
Today I lost my best friend. I remember getting her back in highschool since day one we were inseparable, everyday was a happy day with her. She helped me deal with the most tough moments in my life, she was there through every heartbreak, breakdowns and even though all happy moments. I loved her so much. One thing I do regret is not being able to take her out as often she developed chronic bronchitis and was on meds for about 2 years, walking was so difficult for her she was also losing her ability to use her back legs. Today she collapsed in my sisters arms. I watched her take her last breath. I'm so confused and depressed my whole family seems okay and accepting of her passing but not me. How I wish I can see her happy and alive again. I have only the last moments of her life in my mind and it keeps replying over and over again. I wish I could have played with her more taken her on more walks, I loved her so so much. I don't know when I'll accept that she's gone.
Quote 0 0
Mackysmum
Hi I'm really sorry you lost your best friend there is no time limit on feeling better you take as long as you need .
I lost my dog macky one month ago now your story sounds sorta like mine , macky also had chronic bronchitis he had a puffer twice a day lucky he could still walk without to much trouble, i found winter made him cough more poor bugger . Also macky had bad back legs aswell from hip dysiplaysa he had from birth in the end it was his legs that caught up with him but he lived 15 1/2 years with his legs so he did fantastic.
I'm sure your pooch knew how much everyone loved her and after a while you will start to remember the nice times and not just the day you lost her , at first I couldn't think off anything nice but now I can smile when i think of the silly stuff macky did .
Again I'm very sorry you lost your best friend
Quote 0 0
Furevrmommasbabies
I am so sorry for the loss of your best friend. I have also just lost our big boy Diesel and the pain feels overwhelming. I searched for a place where people could relate to my loss as I also feel my family isn’t as impacted as I am. I’m glad we have this outlet to express our feelings and get the understanding that we need at this difficult time. ((Hugs))
Quote 0 0
Darkdrium
Chelle_10 wrote:
Today I lost my best friend. I remember getting her back in highschool since day one we were inseparable, everyday was a happy day with her. She helped me deal with the most tough moments in my life, she was there through every heartbreak, breakdowns and even though all happy moments. I loved her so much. One thing I do regret is not being able to take her out as often she developed chronic bronchitis and was on meds for about 2 years, walking was so difficult for her she was also losing her ability to use her back legs. Today she collapsed in my sisters arms. I watched her take her last breath. I'm so confused and depressed my whole family seems okay and accepting of her passing but not me. How I wish I can see her happy and alive again. I have only the last moments of her life in my mind and it keeps replying over and over again. I wish I could have played with her more taken her on more walks, I loved her so so much. I don't know when I'll accept that she's gone.

Hey Chelle, I just lost my chihuahua yesterday and we're on the same boat. My family seems to "get over it" so quickly but I am still visibly depressed over it. I am the most sensitive and I am affected by his death the most.

But I believe deep inside, our family members are grieving, just that they don't show it. Everyone grieves differently and both of us just happen to not hide it. 

My heart goes out to you and your best friend. Grieve as much as you want, hiding it will only backfire. 
Darren
Quote 0 0
Chelle_10
Wow thank you so much for all of your words..I am so happy I found this forum.
Quote 0 0