Lyn444
I can't believe have to put my baby to rest. This is breaking my heart and I've cried for 2 days .I never thought I could cry so much . Why does this seem harder than when ive lost humans . I don't get it. I can't even imagine my life without her. It's gonna be hard
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
lyn444, one of the most heartbreaking acts we do as humans is to help a beloved furbaby cross the bridge when it is their time.  while it is heartbreaking for us, it is one of the greatest acts of love which we can offer to them - freedom from illness, pain or infirmities of age where they no longer have a quality of life and I believe they are forever grateful for us to love them so highly as to take their pain onto ourselves by allowing them to go.  myself, I think it is harder to let a dearly loved furbaby cross than a human because from our furbaby all we have ever received from them is an unconditional love which also comes with the comfort of them always being there for us when we need them.  who has ever looked into a pair of furbaby eyes and not seen the total love they have for us.  I lost my loved service dog roxie the evening after Christmas and even now each day for me has it's low points - mostly in the morning when I know I have to crawl out of bed by myself and go on with everything when roxie used to be at my side to support me.  not sure where i'd be emotionally if I had not found this wonderful place full of so many loving and caring people going through the exact feelings I was.  so many kindred souls experiencing the pain of loss yet opening their hearts to help others and it is a truly amazing place to heal.  we're here for you hon and sending you many many hugs.
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
Sampson
We spend so much time with our wonderful pets so when we lose them it's like losing a part of ourselves. I'm so sorry for everything you are going through.
Please take good care!
S.
Quote 0 0
Tanya
Lyn444, I feel your pain. Mine passed Tuesday and I still have not figured out how to function without her. I have never felt this much pain in my life. She was my reason to get up in the morning, my reason to come home, she was my everything. I just feel so broken and incomplete. Everywhere I look, I miss her sweet face. Always happy, always loving, always mine. I hope in time it will get easier, but I don't see how. Hugs to you
Tanya
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
Lynn    Please accept my condolences.  You are right  it does seem harder to lose a furbaby than to lose a human.  I think it is because animals don't judge us, argue with us, fight with us...they just love us no matter what.  Please give us more details about your baby.  We would all like to help you get through this trying time.  Prayers your way
Susan
Quote 0 0
Rusty
I agree with everyone. This is much harder than I thought it would be when I made that dreadful decision Monday morning. I knew it would be difficult, but I didnt understand at the time that I would suffer such an unimaginable amount of sadness...every second of the day. We don't have kids, so she was everything to us. Like you and a lot of us, I honestly don't know how or when this pain will begine to subside. Take care..
Quote 0 0