catman509 Show full post »
cat_person
My sympathy, Tom.
I lost my dear cat on August 14. Life is suddenly bleak and empty without her. Nothing interests me. World news is no more meaningful, and who cares if I will catch Covid in the next few months...I should really start cooking again as my family cannot keep on going on pizzas and frozen food forever... I hope to get better with time. I hope you will get better, too. Time heals, I know that, but our little furry friends will be in our hearts as long as we breathe....The problem is that they took a piece of it as they left for sure...
Tatiana
Quote 3 0
catman509
Thank you so very much for your meaningful reply. It means so much to me. Today is my birthday and without my little girl it is tinged with  some sadness. She is dearly missed just as I know your cat is as well. You are in my thoughts and prayers today. Take care!
Tom Harding
Quote 1 0
cat_person
Thank you, Tom!  Please don't be heartbroken on your birthday. Think about all the happy moment you and your little girl used to have together, how much joy you brought to her. She would not have been attached to you had you not been a loving and caring owner. You are in my prayers, too. I pray we stop hurting so much. I believe we are rays of energy that, when time comes, go back to its source. I believe one day, we will all be together as one whole with everyone we lost... Why should animals, who are pure like toddlers, be excluded from that divine energy... Pope Francis by the way, thinks that "all of God's creatures" can make it to heaven, or whatever this special place is...
Tatiana
Quote 3 0
DDs_Mom_12
Tom,

I am so sorry for your loss.  I, too, had a cat who died from lymphoma over 2 1/2 years ago.  She was only 10, and, yes, I did feel cheated that she did not live longer. 

Unfortunately, I unexpectedly lost her brother on July 11, 2020.  He was a most unique cat, who was more like a dog.  He followed me everywhere, did head butts with me throughout the day, would open the cabinets to look in them, would do all sorts of tricks on our brass bed headboard trying to outdo himself each time, and would sleep next to me.  So, Tom, I know how exactly you feel as he is so missed.  Unfortunately, he died at the emergency vet's office and was not with us.  He showed no symptoms whatsoever on Friday July 10th and then had to be rushed to the emergency vet the next day only to die!  The vet said she felt a mass in his abdomen.

I do know that time will heal the pain for the both of us.

Peace and Comfort,

Sue
Quote 2 0
Orange_Cat
My deepest sympathies... to all on this thread actually.   Its helpful to hear your stories cos as I try to manage my own cat's situation I continually find myself second guessing my original intention which was to make him comfortable as long as he can and not put him through the multiple layers of more diagnostics and procedures.   How many times a day I want to uproot him from where he is comfortably sleeping and drag him off to ER and have them try to make him all well again.   When deep in my heart I know that thats really not possible, and that time is short....its always going to be too short, whether or not a few more days or weeks are added on.   So why not just let him be and let him enjoy this one afternoon of sleep.
Quote 2 0
MC7201
For those on this thread, yesterday makes one week for me. The pain has eased a bit. I picked my cat's remains up today and he's home for good. This has been such a painful experience. I spent the last week researching the disease, thinking of what I possibly could have done differently. Where I landed is this - there's no way to know. Lymphoma was just likely part of his issues. He was almost 16 and had a wonderful long life. In the end we were lucky enough to have him pass peacefully in our arms here at home. And that was the true gift. No more ER visits, no more chemo, no more syringe feeding. Just peace. I'm coming to peace with this. We never want to let our pets go. It is a true act of love. But we must. And turn our attention and focus to gratitude for the fun, love, and companionship they provided. There is no easy answer to this. 
Quote 2 0
cat_person
Hello Tom,
Hang in there! It's hard, but you will get over it, I will get over it, too. Love will stay, pain will go.  Your words helped me to cope with my grief. We lose our furry friends, but we get to keep our kindness and love, and we share it with others. This is what matters. 
Tatiana
Quote 0 0