Forum

Author   Comment  
brookerhi

Reply with quote  #1 
I lost my beautiful Miniature Schnauzer, Briea, on Friday, 04/05/19 at the age of 12 to histiocytic sarcoma, a very rare and aggressive immune cancer. She suddenly got picky about food around the end of January, and when I brought her to the vet in February, I learned that her liver was full of cancer. It had also spread to her stomach. I was told there was nothing that could be done, and that her time left with me would be short.

Brie had to be syringe fed the rest of her life. She still took part in many of the things that she always enjoyed, and didn’t completely decline until her last day. She passed in her sleep during the night, which is the most I believe any of us can pray for. I am thankful that she didn’t have a horrifying death, and that I did not have to make the incredibly difficult decision to put her down.

I struggle sometimes with her cancer - why did my baby get such a rare and aggressive cancer, that is relatively unheard of in most breeds? Why is this how our story ends? I, of course, don’t have the answers to these questions. All I know is that she could not have been loved more, and she will be forever missed. I am so thankful for the 12 beautiful years we had together, and the loss of her in my life is intensely devastating.

I am finding comfort in the fact that none of us who have lost a pet are alone in our grief. Every pet owner on this Earth will have to face the horrible day when their baby leaves them, and while it may feel like no one can possibly know what you are going through, that is not true. There are so many of us carrying around a great grief, and we are here to see each other through.

I am so grief-stricken that my baby is no longer here, and I will miss her every day of the rest of my life. But I will also cherish all of the wonderful memories I have of our 12 years together. She was truly my heart dog, and she couldn’t have possibly been loved more.

I’ll love you forever, and ever my Brie.

Attached Images
jpeg B175ABD8-62F0-43E6-9E63-B0B7563230A5.jpeg (50.49 KB, 3 views)
jpeg 05FC63C8-B2DC-4ED0-8904-676BA6B64408.jpeg (261.57 KB, 2 views)
jpeg 67F58C12-EED1-4666-AE3B-4854F3630030.jpeg (120.38 KB, 1 views)
jpeg F655F60A-1022-4889-9599-78D21549AEBE.jpeg (117.74 KB, 2 views)
jpeg 7BBDBEBB-6AF1-4CA1-AFC4-D9C75C01338F.jpeg (82.56 KB, 2 views)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.