philkeely
Hey Everyone,

March 16 had to be one of the worst days of my life. Last Friday, my family and I lost our baby girl, Creamy, to ehrlichia and kidney failure. She was only 7 years old, turning 8 this August. I visited her Friday morning to see how she was doing and we really thought that she was getting better. When we arrived at the clinic, she stood up and looked at me and my parents like she's ready to go home with us anytime soon. Later that day, my sister visited the clinic only to find out that she's gone. According to the vets, they were about to feed her then she collapsed twice. She was revived the first time, but she didn't make it the second time around. When I arrived at the vet, she was inside a box, lifeless. I hugged her for the last time and said goodbye. 

Three days later, my emotions are like a roller coaster and they come in waves. Sometimes I am ok then most of the time, I think about her and I just cry a lot. I am now at work and I am getting so depress. It just hurts so much. We weren't there during her last breath and we weren't able to say goodbye or say how much we love her. It is still so hard to accept and I don't know if I will be ok again. I just kept on remembering her and that she won't be there anymore when I get home from work or have someone to play with before we all go to sleep. I am losing it and I don't know what to do. Will it get better? We still have one more dog at the house and I love him as much, but I really do miss Creamy. I love her so much. 

Thanks,
Philkeely
Quote 0 0
Chellypup
Hi Phikeely, I put down my baby the same day as you. She was my best friend for 16 years. I have to believe it gets better because right now I feel the same way that I'm not sure I'll be okay again. But I know holding onto the happy memories and remembering that we gave our pets the best lives possible will help. We learn to deal with the loss but I think there will always be a part of us that misses them. They are our family, we never forget them and a part of us will always miss them but they are looking over us because they loved us as well. That for me gives me comfort knowing that she's at peace and I'm sure your Creamy is at peace as well.
Quote 0 0
philkeely
Chellypup wrote:
Hi Phikeely, I put down my baby the same day as you. She was my best friend for 16 years. I have to believe it gets better because right now I feel the same way that I'm not sure I'll be okay again. But I know holding onto the happy memories and remembering that we gave our pets the best lives possible will help. We learn to deal with the loss but I think there will always be a part of us that misses them. They are our family, we never forget them and a part of us will always miss them but they are looking over us because they loved us as well. That for me gives me comfort knowing that she's at peace and I'm sure your Creamy is at peace as well.

Thank you for the comforting words, Chelly. That really means a lot to me. I am trying to stay strong for her, slowly recovering day by day. 
Quote 0 0