Sydsbff
Hi all. My sweet fur baby 15 yr old Australian shepherd is no longer enjoying life and I fear tomorrow is the day I must make the decision. I have been crying for weeks now uncontrollably and breaking down everyday for the last two weeks. It pains me to watch her suffer. I can't think ahead of plans or dates because it hurts me knowing she won't be with me anymore. I have the thought "next time I do xyz she won't be here". The pain is eating me up. I was hoping someone else out there has felt these same horrible inexplicable feelings and has some words of comfort or encouragement for me. I've read a few articles about anticipatory grief and I relate all too much. I was wondering if after letting her go it actually eases some of the pain. That I no longer have to worry about her and the dark cloud of when and what if over me. Thank you all in advance. Could use some virtual hugs right now :(

That's my Sydney girl and her bff kona
Quote 0 0
Kittypiller
Sorry to hear you are hurting so much but you have come to the right place, everyone here is very caring and understanding. Please understand that the decision you are having to make is to ease her suffering. You may go through a lot of what if's and what could I have done but that is a natural part of grieving for your beloved fur baby. My name is Bonnie and I had to make that difficult decision not to long ago for my 4 1/2 year old cat named Butters who had cancer and failing kidneys but I know I did what was best for her. I am here if you want or need to chat anytime day or night.

BIG HUGS
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Hi. You have come to a good place where we understand what a devastatingly hard decision that is to make. I had to put my baby down on February 8th and it was an excruciating thing. But very necessary. Definitely sending you hugs, definitely sending you support. The anticipatory grief was awful and I also had an enormous amount of anxiety from the date of my dog's diagnosis until her departure. Letting her go did relieve the anxiety about decision making and what was going to happen next because the worst had actually happened. But there's a new realm of pain unfortunately once they're gone. It's all very very difficult and unfortunately the pain lasts a whole lot longer than we want. I'm so sorry that you're in this position and my heart goes out to you very much. I hope that being here and talking will be helpful to you. Take care of yourself also as well as you can while your emotions are so terribly raw.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Sydsbff
Thank you both so much for your comforting words! You don't know how much that means to me right now. Unfortunately it could not wait until tomorrow. She was too miserable, I had to take her tonight. :( I feel almost numb and that it's not real. I know her suffering is over but gosh does it hurt! I feel bad saying this but I feel almost as if I lost her a while ago. She wasn't herself anymore as much as I wanted to hold on to her. I have moments where I'm at peace with my decision and others I feel like I can't breathe. Definitely going to take a few TLC days like one of you suggested. Thank you both for sharing your stories with me, means more than you know. I know all our babies are playing together over that rainbow bridge that is so highly talked about. Hugs to you both
Quote 0 0
David482
I am so sorry for your loss, and I understand the anguish you went through making the decision that you had to make. On March 6th I had to make a similar decision about my precious Rhodesian Ridgeback Lil Bit. She was 15 years old and the love of my life. I am still questioning if I did the right thing even though I know in my heart I did. My prayers are with you and I am so thankful that someone in one of my face book groups linked Rainbow Bridge in their heartfelt message to me. I have 4 boys here but it is not the same. I was finally able to bring myself to make a memorial page for her today. I share in your grief and walk beside you in it. This will be a good place to heal. 
David A King
Quote 0 0
patsywhitfield
My beloved Max, I say it every day! It has been 5 months. I do not cry everyday. Yet the moments hit and I miss our moments. I want you to fill the moments as best you can and keep healthy. Share the good moments and the grief say it out loud. Sending a hug and strength to keep you elevated
Quote 0 0
RileysMom
Sydsbff,

I just wanted to send my condolences and some hugs over your loss of Sydney. I’m very sorry for all that you’ve been through and will go through as you deal with the grief.

Many kind thoughts to you...
Val
—Loving Riley, Rosy & Axl always 🐾

Quote 0 0
Rosapalomino
Hello, My heart goes out to you at this difficult time. I did go through much of the same feelings. I also thought of all of my routines, getting up in the morning, feeding her, letting her out...coming home to her, and knowing it was the last time was heartbreaking. Be kind to yourself & be comforted in the fact that you were such a good caregiver & companion. I know it doesn’t help much to hear that now, but it will comfort you later. I still go through crying spells, like tonight, when I found a pic album of my Zoe as I was cleaning. I’m finding comfort knowing others care so much about their furry family members as I did. I never realized how many people were just as attached. Please reach out if you need comfort, just someone to share memories with - sending lots of love & hugs. ❤️💕
Quote 0 0